LexisNexis Legal & Professional

www.lexisnexis.com
  www.lexisnexis.com
There are newer employer reviews for LexisNexis Legal & Professional

Good salary and benefits, but too unstable as an organization

Current Employee - Software Engineer
Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at LexisNexis Legal & Professional full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Salary and benefits are very competitive, work environment is positive and flexible. The ability to work remotely is especially popular, since many get their best work done away from the office. Work-life balance, health and wellness are strongly promoted, with policies and resources to match. As an engineer, I have all of the resources I need to get my job done. It's a good place to work for a short time (2-3 years).

Cons

Cost-cutting, especially through several rounds of layoffs, has led to the impression that senior leaders are "penny-wise, but pound-foolish", making tactical decisions with long-term negative impacts. Without commenting on the business impact, massive job offshoring in the past few years, coupled with incessant reorganization, has widely impacted the loyalty, trust and enthusiasm of remaining employees. LexisNexis is almost half a century old - ancient for a technology company - and is clinging in places to what seem like stodgy, out-dated management principles and techniques.

Your employees have an organizational trust problem. It's hard to believe in your company when the others around you - who also believed in you - got their jobs shipped off to India. Stabilize your workforce, and then the enthusiasm might return.

721 Other Employee Reviews for LexisNexis Legal & Professional (View Most Recent)

Low pay with high expectations

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at LexisNexis Legal & Professional full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Steady work. Nice office buidling in Ballantyne.

Cons

Sold out to First Advantage who off shored jobs to India within months.

Value employees who produce quality results instead of selling out to the highest bidder that will take jobs from the USA.

I have worked here for 7 years and it has been more headache then help.

Current Employee - Product Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at LexisNexis Legal & Professional full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Large company that you can easily get lost in if that is what you are looking for.
    Many divisions with multiple technologies to work with.

Cons

Several years ago all internal communications started to degrade and nothing has been done to address this.
    The focus is more on supporting the sales team than supporting the customers.

Good luck. Upper management is hired from outside the company. I have not seen anyone interanly promoted above Director.

There are newer employer reviews for LexisNexis Legal & Professional