LexisNexis Legal & Professional

There are newer employer reviews for LexisNexis Legal & Professional

Positive Environment

Former Employee - Special Project Coordinator  in  San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Special Project Coordinator in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LexisNexis Legal & Professional as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

My supervisor was very encouraging and seemed to enjoy helping me grow as a professional.

Cons

There were some lay offs while I was there. It seemed some legal editors were being replace with hourly contract workers fresh out of law school.

Senior management actually discouraged me from entering the legal editor field, stating that it was contracting. Maybe the management could have talked about alternative careers within the company?

698 Other Employee Reviews for LexisNexis Legal & Professional (View Most Recent)

Good salary and benefits, but too unstable as an organization

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at LexisNexis Legal & Professional full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Salary and benefits are very competitive, work environment is positive and flexible. The ability to work remotely is especially popular, since many get their best work done away from the office. Work-life balance, health and wellness are strongly promoted, with policies and resources to match. As an engineer, I have all of the resources I need to get my job done. It's a good place to work for a short time (2-3 years).

Cons

Cost-cutting, especially through several rounds of layoffs, has led to the impression that senior leaders are "penny-wise, but pound-foolish", making tactical decisions with long-term negative impacts. Without commenting on the business impact, massive job offshoring in the past few years, coupled with incessant reorganization, has widely impacted the loyalty, trust and enthusiasm of remaining employees. LexisNexis is almost half a century old - ancient for a technology company - and is clinging in places to what seem like stodgy, out-dated management principles and techniques.

Your employees have an organizational trust problem. It's hard to believe in your company when the others around you - who also believed in you - got their jobs shipped off to India. Stabilize your workforce, and then the enthusiasm might return.

Low pay with high expectations

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at LexisNexis Legal & Professional full-time for more than a year

Pros

Steady work. Nice office buidling in Ballantyne.

Cons

Sold out to First Advantage who off shored jobs to India within months.

Value employees who produce quality results instead of selling out to the highest bidder that will take jobs from the USA.

There are newer employer reviews for LexisNexis Legal & Professional

Worked for LexisNexis Legal & Professional? Contribute to the Community!