LexisNexis Legal & Professional

www.lexisnexis.com
  www.lexisnexis.com
There are newer employer reviews for LexisNexis Legal & Professional

20-something great years as a top performer, now must reapply for my current position.

Current Employee - Coordinating Editor  in  Charlottesville, VA
Current Employee - Coordinating Editor in Charlottesville, VA

I have been working at LexisNexis Legal & Professional full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It's a job--but when I receive an offer, I'll be gone. Was once a great place to work, but no longer.

Cons

Downsizing, off-shoring, expected to carry company through slow times with no reward during up times.

No level of management has demonstrated that they're interested in the "worker's" suggestions.

698 Other Employee Reviews for LexisNexis Legal & Professional (View Most Recent)

Enjoyed my time there

I worked at LexisNexis Legal & Professional full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Nice facilities, nice people, good work. The Dayton, Ohio office is nice and full of good people, but it is out in the middle of nowhere. The Cary, NC office is A-1 and growing.

Cons

Unceremoniously let people go for "cost" reasons regardless of performance. They really do a terrible job of managing their talent, often letting good people go because they are on the wrong project at the wrong time.

The really big projects never work out in the end. Minimize the risk of big projects by having a vision, and make incremental investments that can be reviewed. Hold people accountable if the vision is not being achieved at each increment.

Missed opportunities, in desperate need of change of CEO

Former Employee - Legal & Professional Division  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Legal & Professional Division in New York, NY

I worked at LexisNexis Legal & Professional full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flexible schedule, good benefits. Can be very interesting work.

Cons

Long, long, long hours are the norm. Certain departments (Editorial) are in constant fear of layoffs. Layoffs never seem to get the true dead wood. The culture of layoffs and down-sizing does not bring out the best in the workforce. The general consensus is that Mike Walsh is very ill-suited to his job.

Mike Walsh, please move on before you drive this business completely into the ground.

There are newer employer reviews for LexisNexis Legal & Professional

Worked for LexisNexis Legal & Professional? Contribute to the Community!