LexisNexis Legal & Professional

Fair

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boca Raton, FL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at LexisNexis Legal & Professional

Pros

Great work life/balance supported by management, innovation everywhere, very agile as an organization.

Cons

Constant reorgs lead to confusion around reporting structure and little communication of strategic vision of the organization down to the masses.

695 Other Employee Reviews for LexisNexis Legal & Professional (View Most Recent)

Growing company with a stable financial status.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at LexisNexis Legal & Professional

Pros

Competitive benefets and salary package.

Cons

Lack of diversity and challenging opportunities.

Learn how to leverage leadership potential, instead of sticking someone in a corner if they haven't lived and breathed your products for 20 years.

Great company, but they promote too often on tenure

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at LexisNexis Legal & Professional

Pros

Good pay and benefits, fantastic telecommuting policy. A number of lawyers come here to work thinking they will get rich. They won't. If you work a inside sales (telemarketing) job, that is the pay you are going to get (even if you have a JD). You want more, go practice law or get an outside sales job here because they pay in six figures.

Caring leadership and heavy investment in new products.

Well respected by customers

Cons

Constant management by spreadsheet. Goal/cost=quota is the technique, no matter if the market supports what we are selling or its cost. Quotas are based not on accounts, but by satifying "your sahre" of the managers target. Managers do not fight back on unrealistic goals.

Speaking of managers, about 75% suffer from the Micahel Scott Syndrome: promote the best salesperson to manager and have them lead by making everoyne copy what they did instead of coaching and developing to their strengths.

VP sadly are even worse. They spend 90% of their time on conference calls and waste time on details to make sure things are done their way (e.g., discussing what the menu should be at a customer event). Also, they frequently will say 10-15 things are priority ONE. This changes based on this month's numbers.

Reorgs: wow. It is astounding how management thinks moving the boxes around creates value for the customer. If we would take the money spent on this and just buy plane tickets for us to go visit all of our customers, we would see profits go up by 10%

Do a competency and activity review of all VPs and managers of people. I think you would be shocked at what you pay them and what they actually do all day. I don't think sitting on conf calls, making decisions about fonts on invitations and reviewing PPTs/spreadhseets warrants a 200K+ income

There are newer employer reviews for LexisNexis Legal & Professional

Worked for LexisNexis Legal & Professional? Contribute to the Community!