LexisNexis Risk Solutions

www.lexisnexis.com

Good benefits, stressful work environment

Manager (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsPTO days are very generous, RE Cares days to volunteer are great if you volunteer frequently, quite a few perks for employees, telework opportunities.

ConsSenior level management is horribly disrespectful to Directors in front of subordinates. I have been in management positions for over 10 years and I have never seen this much disrespect of staff members before. Obviously, no one taught the top decision makes to praise in public and scold in private.

Managers tend to take on projects and push work down to the grunts, and then complain when it doesn't get done - typical traits of poor leadership. Processes that you would think would be in place for such a large company are not, making simple tasks take forever, thus angering upper management about not meetind deadlines.

Too many 'fire drills' for Senior Level Management - the things people worry about sometimes are crazy! Instead of spending time on things that really help customers or promote our company to potential customers, managers are more concerned about making their team look better than other teams. Team communications to staff take piority over work that benefits our customer. Ridiculous when you consider that one of our biggest competitors is undercutting our prices and causing us to lose business and revenue!

High turn over in several verticals. It seems that every few months, another Director is leaving, either for another company, or to go to Reed Elsevier. Its actually pretty surprising how short employees' tenures are with this company.

The company is very Risk averse. They want to try new things that are safe and don't cost anything. Getting additional headcount is almost impossible, pushing more work down on the grunts and worker bees.

Advice to Senior ManagementSimple: teach senior level managers that respect and leadership will give them loyal employees who WANT to do more and who will stay with the company.

? Preferred Employer?

Director (Former Employee) Alpharetta, GA

I worked at LexisNexis Risk Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Does a good job of looking for new employees; has large internal recruiting… Cons: Not a "Preferred Employer" in the Alpharetta or North Atlanta area.… Advice to Senior Management: Focus resources on high turnover by emphasizing company's good location. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

"can do" culture with opportunities for self-initiated

Management (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at LexisNexis Risk Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: -- Collegiate culture vs. political -- Opportunities to traverse business and functional roles for… Cons: -- limited formal training, development, and meeting opportunities Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on LexisNexis Risk Solutions.

Worked for LexisNexis Risk Solutions? Contribute to the Community!