LexisNexis Risk Solutions

www.lexisnexis.com

Great company

Current Employee - Technology Manager  in  Alpharetta, GA
Current Employee - Technology Manager in Alpharetta, GA

Pros

Generous PTO and great place to work.

Cons

Work is very demanding and it is constant struggle to keep up with all tasks.

Lower burden on associates.

Other reviews for LexisNexis Risk Solutions

Good benefits, stressful work environment

Current Employee - Manager  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Alpharetta, GA

Pros

PTO days are very generous, RE Cares days to volunteer are great if you volunteer frequently, quite a few perks for employees, telework opportunities.

Cons

Senior level management is horribly disrespectful to Directors in front of subordinates. I have been in management positions for over 10 years and I have never seen this much disrespect of staff members before. Obviously, no one taught the top decision makes to praise in public and scold in private.

Managers tend to take on projects and push work down to the grunts, and then complain when it doesn't get done - typical traits of poor leadership. Processes that you would think would be in place for such a large company are not, making simple tasks take forever, thus angering upper management about not meetind deadlines.

Too many 'fire drills' for Senior Level Management - the things people worry about sometimes are crazy! Instead of spending time on things that really help customers or promote our company to potential customers, managers are more concerned about making their team look better than other teams. Team communications to staff take piority over work that benefits our customer. Ridiculous when you consider that one of our biggest competitors is undercutting our prices and causing us to lose business and revenue!

High turn over in several verticals. It seems that every few months, another Director is leaving, either for another company, or to go to Reed Elsevier. Its actually pretty surprising how short employees' tenures are with this company.

The company is very Risk averse. They want to try new things that are safe and don't cost anything. Getting additional headcount is almost impossible, pushing more work down on the grunts and worker bees.

Simple: teach senior level managers that respect and leadership will give them loyal employees who WANT to do more and who will stay with the company.

Working with a great background checking company

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Management was fair in treating all their employees well. Everyone is important to the job and management would treat employees fairly and honestly. Customer service was taken very strictly and training of employees to meet the high expectations was an ongoing job in itself.

Cons

With the impending transition towards using corporate's software rather than our existing base code, our older projects were being replaced and need for that support caused job eliminations to occur. Once transition began, our office received more work yet processing that work only would be handled by the corporate program so there was not much our team had to work on.

There are newer employer reviews for LexisNexis Risk Solutions.

Worked for LexisNexis Risk Solutions? Contribute to the Community!