Lexmark

www.lexmark.com
There are newer employer reviews for Lexmark

Decent work environment... needs change at the top.

Former Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I worked at Lexmark

Pros

The culture at Lexmark is not cutthroat and allows for a reasonable work-life balance. I enjoyed most of the people I worked with. Good base salary and benefits.

Cons

There was little opportunity to excel because of big quotas and very limited customer base. Lexmark products are above average but service issues (getting better) and lack of name recognition make selling difficult. I feel like they exploited their best customers because they had to work so hard to find new ones. It's hard being a distant 2nd to HP.

Need to clean house from the top down. Company will never change without new blood (i.e. IBM - Lew Gerstner and HP - Mark Hurd). Better marketing, better service and make it easier to do business with Lexmark.

90 Other Employee Reviews for Lexmark (View Most Recent)

Lexmark should look at our government as a reflection on how they run the company. Alot of dead weight!

Current Employee - Writer in Lexington, KY
    Current Employee - Writer in Lexington, KY

I have been working at Lexmark

Pros

I not alone. There are plenty of others in the company that are in the same boat.

Cons

Contract employees are not given any incentives. The boat is sinking

Hire from within. Give contract employees that have worked 5 plus years consideration when hiring. Remove management that aren't preforming. Look at employees performance when hiring and firing.

Slightly disfunctional company, needs new leadership.

Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Lexington, KY
    Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Lexington, KY

I have been working at Lexmark

Pros

Located in beautiful small city. Reasonably interesting work. Salaries may not be the best, but if you have a good first line manager, there are several work/life balance perks. Medical plan is good, non-monetary benefits are pretty good compared to other companies.

Cons

Too much work, not enough people. Incompetent leadership at the very top and in several middle manager positions. Pressure to overwork with no discernible benefit. There is not enough emphasis on research and development to maintain a solid marketshare with new products. Too singular focus on printing, not enough on possible related technologies that would diversify the product line.

Reduce the layers of middle management, provide a closer pathway between low level employees and the top levels of management. Allow for more innovation and expanded product lines. Hire more engineers, since product quality is suffering due to engineers in Lexington having to redo work by engineers in Cebu, Philippines.

There are newer employer reviews for Lexmark