Lexmark

www.lexmark.com

Time to move

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Lexington-Fayette, KY

ProsExcellent fun loving work environment, casual clothes & language.
Flexible hours ( based on your manager & team).
Book clubs and discussion groups, people willing to grow.
All employees are fairly accessible but unhealthy competition is on rise.

ConsSudden layoffs & high attrition. All people who can find jobs elsewhere are slowly leaving the sinking boat before their day comes.
Contracted workers for for over 10 year, without any growth opportunity and dismissal pay hike.
Not many other career opportunities in the Lexington area.
Veteran developers, fairly recently move in to agile, most people effectively work less than 4 hours per day. Lot of time people email or "check in" code at odd times (9 PM - 4 AM) just to show how hard they work.
Firmware teams consider all other teams as low life, management hardly believes in the solution / print services products. Printer market is on downward spiral, everybody is waiting for hell to freeze over.

Advice to Senior ManagementMany people were laid off ( not just from inkjet division ) when management clearly said no layoffs and was in hiring ( more contractors) mode. It is now hard to trust managers and every one thinks that Lexmark is going down in less than 10 years once all the vendor - laser contracts expires. Lot of 'average' performers / new contract hires from many teams were laid off while those close to management were retained. The software solutions (document management) that Lexmark is pursuing is not used internally, other companies have already failed in print services. Management has lost focus heard that they want to enter market of Unstructured Device Management ( health care sector ), another hiring and firing round.

Never received a raise

Support Technician (Former Employee) Austin, TX

I worked at Lexmark full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Job wasn't too bad. Worked with fun people. Cons: 6 years and never received a raise despite being a top performer. When I threatened to leave my boss's… Advice to Senior Management: I understand the company has had hard times. There was a hiring freeze in effect… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Company

Inkjet Division (Former Employee) Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Lexmark full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Overall everyting is great! Pay, Culture and Benefits. … Cons: Company has been going through downsizing for many years. Anyone looking to get a job with this company should be aware if your… Advice to Senior Management: When you are communicating your plans to lay off hundreds of people in a meeting, it's probably not the best time to say oh yeah… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Lexmark.

Worked for Lexmark? Contribute to the Community!