Lexmark
www.lexmark.com Lexington, KY 5000+ Employees

Mis-directed Ship

Lexington, KY

ProsLexmark has some of the most competitive retirement benefits in the area. If you like Lexington, it is one of the biggest employers here.

ConsPeriodic layoffs over the last five years has created a tense atmosphere. Projects often seem more "me-too" than truly innovative. Company operates in a mature commodity market.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop designing products by feature checklist. Instead focus on designing experiences for customers. It is the only way to truly differentiate in a commodity market like printing. Features are easy for competitors to copy quickly.

Good Place to Start

Financial Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Lexmark

Pros: You will learn the fundamentals of your field and get… Cons: It is difficult to be promoted or get a raise because they are very tight on budgets. Negotiate a good salary when you get… Advice to Senior Management: Senior management is very good; much better than the very low approval ratings they were given by employees. But they're… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Lots of outsourcing

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Lexington, KY

I have been working at Lexmark

Pros: Good work and life balance. Flexible working hours. Cons: Leadership is too conservative and unwilling to try new projects, looks too much… Advice to Senior Management: Management needs to find new projects, instead of just focus… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Lexmark.

Worked for Lexmark? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lexmark reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lexmark CEO Paul A. Rooke. All reviews posted anonymously by Lexmark employees.