Lexmark
www.lexmark.com Lexington, KY 5000+ Employees

Slightly disfunctional company, needs new leadership.

Electrical Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Lexmark

ProsLocated in beautiful small city. Reasonably interesting work. Salaries may not be the best, but if you have a good first line manager, there are several work/life balance perks. Medical plan is good, non-monetary benefits are pretty good compared to other companies.

ConsToo much work, not enough people. Incompetent leadership at the very top and in several middle manager positions. Pressure to overwork with no discernible benefit. There is not enough emphasis on research and development to maintain a solid marketshare with new products. Too singular focus on printing, not enough on possible related technologies that would diversify the product line.

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce the layers of middle management, provide a closer pathway between low level employees and the top levels of management. Allow for more innovation and expanded product lines. Hire more engineers, since product quality is suffering due to engineers in Lexington having to redo work by engineers in Cebu, Philippines.

Lexmark: We're always working...

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Lexmark

Pros: Lexmark is a unique environment. I have been there for almost a year and a half now. Thus far I believe the thing… Cons: Some of Lexmark's strengths also serve as weaknesses as well. Managers are sometimes too hands off. They give a project and then never… Advice to Senior Management: Clearly communicate to contract workers whether there is a plan to help them move on to a full time regular employment. If there is… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Lexmark headed downhill.

Electrical Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Lexmark

Pros: Good 401K and retirement package. Cons: Too many levels of managment. Lexmark only concerned about making things cheap, not creating new and exciting technology.… Advice to Senior Management: Focus on just making a good printer. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Lexmark.

Worked for Lexmark? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lexmark reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lexmark CEO Paul A. Rooke. All reviews posted anonymously by Lexmark employees.