There are newer employer reviews for Lg Electronics Alabama

Good stepping stone for entry level

I have been working at Lg Electronics Alabama

Pros

Good Benefit package and good work environment

Cons

in-competitive salary and location in US

Consider Organization Capability and company culture for specific service. Good place to work, but low compensation. Fair competition and promotion, but bright.

reviews filtered by

If you are young, attractive, and love receiving titles that do not receive an actual pay bump, work here!

Former Employee - Peon in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Peon in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Lg Electronics Alabama full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits. The benefits are nice for Alabama, a state notable for NOT wanting to treat its employees much better than it did before the Civil War.

Cons

Catty bosses, infighting, the glass ceiling for all those not Korean. Drunks and addicts who stay employed no matter how badly they screw up on the job. Various bosses who fool around with their employees during and after hours, who penalize those who do not wish to , er, over socialize.

Perhaps a little parity? How about not rewarding incompetence with a boost up the ladder!

2. The only skill I learned was patience.

Current Employee - Planning Analyst in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Planning Analyst in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Lg Electronics Alabama full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The benefits package was amazing compared to other local companies. They were willing to accommodate my class schedule while I finished my MBA.

Cons

The cultural differences between Korean management and American workers was extreme. Working less than 60 hours a week was frowned on. Management was severely lacking in leadership skills. Four people filed HR complaints against my supervisor in the past 6 months. There is very limited room for advancement, and only Koreans get to top management level. Priorities shifted almost monthly, so any efforts put towards a specific goal were wasted when management lost interest. My title was planning analyst, but 90% of my job was doing pivot tables and vlookups in excel. I never actually analyzed anything.

Listen to the people who work for you. Don't hire people with advanced skills to perform mundane tasks.

There are newer employer reviews for Lg Electronics Alabama