Li & Fung

Very Disorganized, Poor Communication

Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY
Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Li & Fung

Pros

1. perks from the sample sales
2. great health and dental benefits

Cons

The communication between upper management and HR is extremely bad
The hours are very long some times, they expect you to stay until the job is done, no matter what.
There is no work life balance
shifting of positions that some employees may not want, putting employees in a position to "take it or leave it attitude"
Some of the managers there need a reality check!!!!!

1. Need to improve on commuication to employees regarding any changes and not waiting until there are rumors regarding lay offs
2. Needs better training programs for management and other employees
3. Opportunities for advancement and not just shifting jobs from other citiies
4. Better and competitive salaries

53 Other Employee Reviews for Li & Fung (View Most Recent)

Management is extremely abusive, vindictive, and cruel.

Former Employee - The WORST Company to Work For!!!! in New York, NY
    Former Employee - The WORST Company to Work For!!!! in New York, NY

I worked at Li & Fung

Pros

The only thing that impressed me about this company was the Human Resources Department. I started having problems with my manager on my second day working there. HR was very helpful and quick to respond to my issues. The health insurance is good.

Cons

This company treats their employees like slaves. Don't even bother applying for a job here, because you will really regret it if they hire you. They don't tell you that you're expected to work AT LEAST 12-14 hours per day until after you're hired. Even though they don't give you 12 hours of work to do, you're expected to sit there and twiddle your thumbs. Management is very naive and doesn't know how train new employees properly. I have never been treated so poorly before in my life, and my experience working here traumatized me...and I quit after 2 weeks.

The working environment is very hostile and communication needs major improvements.

Compressing Workplace

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Li & Fung

Pros

Excellent design team - line design is right on. Now owned by Li & Fung, the benefit package is unbeatable (company paid healthcare).

Cons

No communication on performance or expectations. A company where it is "trial by fire" without any training on systems etc. The company was bought by Li & Fung Nov 2009 and because of that is compressing & the environment has become extremely cut throat where people are fighting for their job. In previous days the work environment was about team work. Now it is every man for himself in a very ugly way.

Managers who know how to manage inventory but not people. People are expendable. They are not a commodity. People with families are the most expendable. Ownership grades employees by the number of face time hours rather than a thorough job completed during working hours.

There are newer employer reviews for Li & Fung