Li & Fung

www.lifung.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Li & Fung

Management is extremely abusive, vindictive, and cruel.

Former Employee - The WORST Company to Work For!!!! in New York, NY
Former Employee - The WORST Company to Work For!!!! in New York, NY

I worked at Li & Fung

Pros

The only thing that impressed me about this company was the Human Resources Department. I started having problems with my manager on my second day working there. HR was very helpful and quick to respond to my issues. The health insurance is good.

Cons

This company treats their employees like slaves. Don't even bother applying for a job here, because you will really regret it if they hire you. They don't tell you that you're expected to work AT LEAST 12-14 hours per day until after you're hired. Even though they don't give you 12 hours of work to do, you're expected to sit there and twiddle your thumbs. Management is very naive and doesn't know how train new employees properly. I have never been treated so poorly before in my life, and my experience working here traumatized me...and I quit after 2 weeks.

The working environment is very hostile and communication needs major improvements.

57 Other Employee Reviews for Li & Fung (View Most Recent)

Compressing Workplace

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Li & Fung

Pros

Excellent design team - line design is right on. Now owned by Li & Fung, the benefit package is unbeatable (company paid healthcare).

Cons

No communication on performance or expectations. A company where it is "trial by fire" without any training on systems etc. The company was bought by Li & Fung Nov 2009 and because of that is compressing & the environment has become extremely cut throat where people are fighting for their job. In previous days the work environment was about team work. Now it is every man for himself in a very ugly way.

Managers who know how to manage inventory but not people. People are expendable. They are not a commodity. People with families are the most expendable. Ownership grades employees by the number of face time hours rather than a thorough job completed during working hours.

Great company but not the best money starting out

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Li & Fung

Pros

Li & Fung is a large and well established corporation that offers great learning opportunities and a wonderful benefits pacakge.

Cons

Salaries are very low and employees can be over-worked. The culture is not consistant between the divisions because of all the acquisitions.

Offer more comprehensive training and better acquaint employees with the actual environment in the division they will be placed as there are big differences between all of the different companies within the groups.

There are newer employer reviews for Li & Fung