There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Be more transparent with company changes.

Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Pros

Excellent work life balance. Opportunities to move around the company. Solid advancement opportunities. Easy to go back to school and obtain advanced degree or other professional designation. Ability to act independently.

Cons

Not enough transparency with issue affecting employees.

Advice to Management

Be transparent with what is going on with reorgs and lay offs. We've gone thru tremendous upheavel over the past year and yet, most of it has been cloaked in secrecy. This erodes trust of your most loyal employees. If Sr Mgt is going to talk aobut how the company's most important asset is it's people, then it's critically important for mgt to be more open about what is happening witht the reorgs and lay offs. People are nervous -- and this leads to lack of trust and poor productivity.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Liberty Mutual, a great place to work.

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Boston, MA

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Pros

The resources and training they have available is outstanding. Liberty does a great job with professional development. I feel the pension is a very big plus since most companies have eliminated that. Compensation and benefits are competitive and the 401K and bonus structure is good. The company also does a good job with recognition and pay for preformance. After working for another company, I feel Liberty does a tremendous job with work/life balance and their flex time is definitely a big key to that.

Cons

Business attire all the time, no casual fridays even in summer. I think management could have done a better job with describing their vision for the company and what Liberty wants to be e.g. largest carrier, most diversified, etc.

Advice to Management

Better commnunicate the ultimate goals for the firm. Having more development programs with mentors would be great for employees at all levels by providing new insights for more senior workers and wisdom for juniors ones.

dont work here-AIG's better.

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Pros

A check. Point blank period. benefits suck more each day but working here is better than not having a job.

Cons

micromanagement at its finest. a shame how they closed up so much here out west. backstabbing managers, kiss-ups only thrive. sad state of affairs. ive been with this company for 13 years and they seem ready to boot me out the door. decent raises stop coming once they feel you're "trapped" for lack of a better term. they pay young people fresh out of school, who will probably leave them after a couple of years, then look at the aging workforce such as myself and figure out ways to eradicate us slowly but surely. im forced to compromise my morals everyday to meet goals

Advice to Management

hire new management. there's no reason why the management should operate on this basis.