Liberty Mutual Insurance

www.libertymutualgroup.com
  www.libertymutualgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

If you are a lateral transfer, seek employment elsewhere.

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Pros

If you are an entry-level employee, this would be a good place to begin your career. While there is constant upheaval in terms of staffing due to downsizing, the severance package is very good for those long-term employees who have been let go.

Cons

From my perspective, the department I work in is very poorly managed. The company's goals are all number-driven so decisions are made to the benefit short term goals of the specific department rather than toward the long term viability of the company. There is no support which makes it difficult to complete your job tasks and while training used to be very good, that is no longer true. Every year the primary goal appears to be to cut costs. There is constant downsizing and then hiring of inexperienced employees as the new employees cost less. The workplace is chaotic and getting the equipment necessary to do the job is next to impossible. No local manager appears to have the authority to make any decision.

Develop goals that are relevant to a person's job and then provide the support each person needs to meet his goal. Lip service is given to this but it is not done in practice. Encourage managers to discuss items of important within the office with employees.

1133 Other Employee Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance (View Most Recent)

Liberty rewards hard work.

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Albany, NY

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Pros

Liberty Mutual has a very good corporate culture. We constantly have parties and contests to reward our employees for providing excellent service to our customers. The company makes sure that if you work hard you are rewarded for your efforts.

Cons

I am sure it happens in every job, but I'd say the worst thing about working here is istening to fellow employees complain about custoimers all day. Liberty Mutual is also very lenient with employee discipline. The company gives it employees several chances to turn themselves around and works very hard to make sure that the employees are satisfied. However, I feel too much time is spent trying to satisfy employees that are not working up to their potential in the first place.

We need health insurance options rather than just one plan.

Steer clear of this insurance player...

Current Employee - Field Marketing in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Field Marketing in Boston, MA

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Pros

There are no good reasons to work at Liberty Mutual. It is a company so full of its own virtue it makes you want to cringe when you have to observe on a daily basis how unethical the "leaders" in this company are. I've looked high and low in the company to find leadership...it is simply missing. In my department...seems like a rerun of Dynasty or Knots Landing...so many backstabbing, unethical creatures running about. The benefits suck, the management sucks (at all levels), there are rodent problems in the corporate office...but they are probably afraid to bring in an exterminator as they might accidently get an executive instead of one of the rats!

Cons

There are many downsides....absolute lack of HR support in any employee issue. This company discriminates and I have witnessed harassment at multiple levels....and from what I've observed this is standard operating procedure--beat people down so that they feel week and unempowered. They regularly bring people in and then change their job responsibilities once in the door...they just assume that the person just started and has no other options. And they promote people with absolutely no leadership or experience...people who are evil and others who are just plain stupid (in addition to inexperienced). There are no upsides to this company...if you are interviewing....my advice is to continue your search!

I won't work for this company any longer than necessary....and I would suggest that no consumer purchase insurance from this company....they are very unscrupulous...and don't you want to feel like you can trust your insurance company. BTW...Sr. Management has no interest in listening....whenever I've raised issues, I've had them held against me as my weakness....this company is a total "L".

There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance