Liberty Mutual Insurance

www.libertymutualgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

If you are a lateral transfer, seek employment elsewhere.

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Pros

If you are an entry-level employee, this would be a good place to begin your career. While there is constant upheaval in terms of staffing due to downsizing, the severance package is very good for those long-term employees who have been let go.

Cons

From my perspective, the department I work in is very poorly managed. The company's goals are all number-driven so decisions are made to the benefit short term goals of the specific department rather than toward the long term viability of the company. There is no support which makes it difficult to complete your job tasks and while training used to be very good, that is no longer true. Every year the primary goal appears to be to cut costs. There is constant downsizing and then hiring of inexperienced employees as the new employees cost less. The workplace is chaotic and getting the equipment necessary to do the job is next to impossible. No local manager appears to have the authority to make any decision.

Develop goals that are relevant to a person's job and then provide the support each person needs to meet his goal. Lip service is given to this but it is not done in practice. Encourage managers to discuss items of important within the office with employees.

1238 Other Employee Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance (View Most Recent)

Liberty rewards hard work.

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Albany, NY

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Pros

Liberty Mutual has a very good corporate culture. We constantly have parties and contests to reward our employees for providing excellent service to our customers. The company makes sure that if you work hard you are rewarded for your efforts.

Cons

I am sure it happens in every job, but I'd say the worst thing about working here is istening to fellow employees complain about custoimers all day. Liberty Mutual is also very lenient with employee discipline. The company gives it employees several chances to turn themselves around and works very hard to make sure that the employees are satisfied. However, I feel too much time is spent trying to satisfy employees that are not working up to their potential in the first place.

We need health insurance options rather than just one plan.

Get out while you can

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Blue Bell, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Blue Bell, PA

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Pros

The primary reason to work for Liberty is to get started and licensed in insurance. Take advantage of the great training program for new agents. The biggest drawback is that once you understand the training it never ends. You are subjected to the same continous training and meetings whether you have been with the company for 3 years or 3 weeks. It becomes very repetitive after a while.

Cons

Commissions are lower than most of the industry. Renewal commisions are wayyy lower than industry average. Lofty quotas and constant pressure are a way of life. Unfortunately, the amount of pressure is not made up for with additional compensation. Bonuses are difficult to qualify for.

Make the quotas less ominous and offer incentives for agents to stay with the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance