Liberty Mutual Insurance
www.libertymutualgroup.com Boston, MA 5000+ Employees

Sales Agent

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFreedom, above market pay for above average sales results. They put their money where their mouth is with Employee-matching donations. Solid 401K plan with matching contributions from Liberty Mutual.

ConsThey choose who they want to be successful. If your manager likes you, you're protected and get more leads. If your manager does not like you, they force you out.
Employees are very competitive and snarky with one another, stealing sales, lying to each other, and gossip are very much part of the Corporate Culture.
You need to have thick skin to be a salesperson, even more so at Liberty Mutual. They expect more. If you’re a bottom-producer, they find a way to get rid of you.

Intimidating environment coming from many sources - Not a nice place to be employed

Customer Claims Representative (Former Employee)
Boston, MA

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros: Salary is fairly good and competitive, but other than that, I… Cons: Constant threats and demands. Too much work, for too few employees.Incentives are nice,… Advice to Senior Management: Hire more and train management better No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A good place to work especially for new underwriters

Insurance Professional (Former Employee)
Boston, MA

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Interesting work Benefits were not too bad Cons: Limited promotional opportunity; lots of reorgs (downsizing) Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Worked for Liberty Mutual Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Liberty Mutual Insurance – Why Work for Us?

At Liberty Mutual Insurance, doing the right thing is essential to all that we do. Our commitment to building and sustaining a talented and diverse workforce has helped us to become a global leader in property and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Liberty Mutual Insurance reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Liberty Mutual Insurance CEO David H. Long. All reviews posted anonymously by Liberty Mutual Insurance employees.