Liberty Mutual Insurance

There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Great Career Opportunity!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great long-term career opportunity! Ability to grow professionally and be promoted based on performance. Recognizes talent and works to develop additional skills in order to be promoted to the next level. Strong compensation and pay for performance environment. Big company with small company feel!

Cons

Home office is in Boston and some concerns with eventually having to relocate there to continue to grow.

1196 Other Employee Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance (View Most Recent)

Company that lives by it's credo

Current Employee - Training Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Training Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Ability to move up, tremendous benefits and sense of pride in the work we do, doors open to everyone, very well compensated for our work and did I mention the benefits?

the first time I walked into our headquarters in Boston, I cried. It was incredible. All my adult business skills have been nurtured at Liberty.

We had our serve with Liberty campaign this year and annually employees donate millions to charities with a 50% company match.

Liberty is an excellent company.

Cons

Can think of many cons other than we are sometimes slow to move with progress in terms of having people work from remote locations. Not every wonderful job should be housed in Boston.

Think about remote work a bit more. And never go public.

Solid Company

Current Employee - Senior Specialist in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Specialist in Boston, MA

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Company has great benefits and salary, work/life, management is very involved and has an open door policy. Not a lot of turnover - once you're in, you're in.

Cons

Can tend to be a little cliquey, and you can get stuck in the corporate cycle - but that's not always a bad thing, and they take care of their employees.

Notice the little guy.