Liberty Mutual Insurance

www.libertymutualgroup.com
  www.libertymutualgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

As a new hire after college, I feel very privileged to be here and to meet some very wonderful people.

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Dover, NH
Current Employee - IT Analyst in Dover, NH

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have been employed for a year and I still love the corporate culture. Most people I have interacted with are bright, positive, and professional. I feel like I belong in a big team with the ease of building a strong work related-relationship. I was presented opportunities to work on big projects and I've had some of the best managers in my lifetime here. (I've heard there were bad managers too).

Cons

I do have one person that made my work environment uncomfortable.

Keep doing a great job building relationships with people who report to you. I feel comfortable explaining new innovative ideas without an hesitation. I do not feel a strong hierarchy of rank. Present new opportunities when there are some.

1197 Other Employee Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance (View Most Recent)

Awful...Getting worse with each passing day!

Current Employee - Underwriting in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Underwriting in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, competitive pay and good benefits. They still offer a pension which is almost unheard of nowadays. 7.5 hour workweek.

Cons

The slew of poorly planned and executed reorganizations in Business Insurance (formerly Middle Market) has left employees drained and morale way low. The processes and programs are outdated and time consuming.

Much of the talent has already jumped ship while the incompetence within management has been left to fester. Mgmt operates in a bubble oblivious to what's going on both internally and in the market. They are only focused on their own individual agendas.

Employees have no sense of job security or faith in the future of the operation. I have never worked in an environment before where so many people are truly unhappy.

Do the research needed in order to decide on a firm direction for the operation. Take the time to include those who will actually have to do the work in the decison making process. What may look good on paper doesn't always translate when it comes time for execution.

Did someone invent light bulbs?

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are great, the deductabile went up this year but hey..isn't everyones? Tuition reimbursemnet like no other.6000.00 a year and yearly bonuses!

Cons

NO INNOVATION..Been using the same sytem with no modifications, no suggestions boxes for employess b/c they don't care and don't want to know about it! Managers are where they are b/c of who they know and how long they have been with the company...staff has higher degrees and don't get utilized to their potential

Actually LISTEN to your staff...THEY DO HAVE A BRAIN and it's usually more educated than any mgmt! Skills are being wasted because they aren't part of the aged and need to retire group that runs this company...very sad to see so much talent wasted...SHAME ON YOU! Why pay for a degree if you don't used it when the employee gets done??? WASTEFUL!

There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance