Good opportunities for growth

Pros

Plenty of resources and help available.

Cons

Potential for management to be shuffled around often.

Other Employee Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Asked the right questions in the interview, I liked what was I told.....unfortunately it was not the truth.

Former Employee - Licensed Insurance Agent - DRC in Heathrow, FL
    Former Employee - Licensed Insurance Agent - DRC in Heathrow, FL

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits began on day one.

Cons

DRC - Heathrow, FL-Everything! My supervisor was new to the industry and lacked the appropriate knowledge, often providing incorrect answers. Shifts were not based on hire date or performance, but on the supervisors team you were placed. Once on the night shift you are staying there forever even as new hires are given day time shifts. Call distribution is not equal, first available does not get next call. Calls are controlled by states. Higher producing sales states go to high performers, therfore if you begin with calls from low producing states you are sunk. Superviors will tell you different answers regarding call distribution. Some swear it does not happen, others say openly that it does. My supervisor provided alot of lip service to his manager and team, he never followed thru on anything; assistance, guidance or training. The only time I had a conversation with my team's manager was the day I left . If your superviosr is not there (which was often in my case), good luck trying to get assistance. There were only 2 supervisors in the call center that were willing to help and knew what they were doing. The others are just impressed with themselves as are the managers. I could go on and on but I think you get the picture.

Like a rat in a cage.

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Redmond, WA

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Financially stable company, been around for over 100 years, the people are nice and treat you with dignity and respect.

Cons

Very small earning potential during first several years. Takes about 7+ years to make 6-figures. The environment--office atmosphere, computer systems, job structure, client interaction--is very cumbersome. It's like sitting in a padded cell most days. Not a good fit for someone who enjoys a fun work environment.

Advice to Management

Be honest with recruits. Don't tell them they're going to make $75-80k their first year when you know they're only going to make $35k.