Liberty Mutual Insurance

www.libertymutualgroup.com

Not a bad place to work if you are an executive, or are looking for good basic work experience and skill building.

Information Technology Senior Manager (Current Employee) Dover, NH

ProsCoworkers and many managers are solid people willing to help newer employees grow, gain experience and advance. The company is modernizing and this generates many interesting technology projects for IT oriented individuals.

ConsOld school executive management style where many use their executive or senior manager role as power instead of using their skills and ideas as power to influence employees. This comment applies to what I see and what I hear from coworker about folks in the top 200 positions. The top 10-15 executives do appear to be a generally well intentioned group.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvaluate compensation, perks and behavior of the top 200 managers. Decide if changes are warranted for the greater good of the organization. Rumors are rampant among employees that the pension plan is about to be discontinued, likely soon. This sad change all within an environment of profitability, ever increasing executive excess and worsening employee work/life balance. The new CEO is trying hard but has had a few excess related blunders himself like a multi-mulion dollar personal office renovation at a time when employees are being squished into work cubes that are smaller than many refrigerator boxes, and ongoing support for excessive executive pay, deferred compensation and hidden perks. That said, he has done many good things and most employees believe that he will continue to grow into his role and that he will be a good long term leader.

Great Company to work. Excellent work place culture.

Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) Dover, NH

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Good Work Culture. Decent benefits. Job stability. Social responsibility. Cons: Too many managers... costly health insurance. Bad 401K match. Less… Advice to Senior Management: Reduce the management levels.. Flatten the structure. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

LMIC Internship

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Pros: Friendly employees, positive working environment Cons: None that I can think of More

There are newer reviews on Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Worked for Liberty Mutual Insurance? Contribute to the Community!