Micromanaged and overworked

Current Employee - Claims Specialist in Hingham, MA
Current Employee - Claims Specialist in Hingham, MA

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

competitive salary. lots of training available. job opportunities appear to be abundant as long as you are willing to relocate.

Cons

You will be micromanaged more than you have ever thought possible. You will be overworked as well. Be prepared to be overlooked for rewards and recognitions unless you suck up to management

Advice to Management

half the managers are terrible and stuck up and the people under them are more knowledgeable and effective than they are

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Senior claims adjuster

Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have comprehensive training, solid pay, and good retirement benefits and 401k match. There are not any glaring problems, just the normal challenges of any insurance career.

Cons

Difficult to implement change, you were considered an employee with weekly numbers to determine your success. I felt like a employee number and I had stats with no face time for the company to get to know me as an employee.

Advice to Management

Management needs to have a small number of employees in a team to have enough time to offer feedback and coaching.

Liberty Mutual is a great company to work for. Job security for those that are willing to meet the challenges.

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster
    Current Employee - Claims Adjuster

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company motivates everyone to go above and beyond for our customers. Very rewarding place to work. They have a bonus incentive for employees, and love to give away prizes, food, among other things to keep their employees motivated.
    The company has great benefits package and they have a pension plan! Overall, it has been a great experience!

Cons

The company is very focused on metrics. Be ready to have to meet production. They monitor your every move. It's a call center environment, so expect to be at your desk 90% of the time.

Advice to Management

Some of metrics tht we are expected to meet can be a little bit of a reach. The stress of meeting goals and the amount of work given to each employee is what is leading to the high turnover rate. Make the environment less stressful and I guarantee this will be reflected upon our customers. The company is the in the right path for success, just needs to focus on keeping their employees happy; money isn't everything.