Liberty Mutual Insurance

www.libertymutualgroup.com
  www.libertymutualgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

good salary but terrible management.

Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Claims Adjuster in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Pros

good training and great salary. Lots of training in the beginning and a very positive environment when you start working for them.

Cons

They don't like longterm employees. I was fired because they needed to let people go. I was a valued employee for 17 years when I was all of a sudden picked on and I was told by my manager that my services were not needed. They were like cockroaches, finding anything wrong I have ever done. I had 2 years of being an"invaluable employee" getting awards to being the worst employee they have ever hired. They are not loyal to their employees. "Responsbility, what's your policy?" only refers to their customers, not to their employees. If you want to work for Liberty Mutual, don't consider them for long term.

I worked in an office that was rated by the employees as the worst place to work in, but nothing was done to resolve the issues only to fire people instead of laying people off. I understand it is cheaper to fire someone than to lay them off as you don't have to pay as much severance. You have ruined lives and devistated long term employees that were loyal to your company and shame on you for sticking a knife in their backs. It appears that you keep employees that know how to scam the system and managers who are not capable of handling their jobs. Instead, they blame everyone else for their failures. It is not the employees that are bad, it is management who is too busy trying to get their job done instead of guiding the people that are talking to customers and clients day in and out. I am ashamed of what this company has become. I used to be proud to work for this company, instead it has become a bunch of internal procedures that do not effect the outcome of claims handling. I hope that someday this company will go back to the fundamentals and let your adjusters handle claims instead of being data entry and get managers in position that can effectively and positively influence their employees instead of threats and harrassment.

1197 Other Employee Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance (View Most Recent)

Stuck in the past

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Pros

Great brand. Above average compensation and retirement benefits. Large company with room to move around. Theme of "responsibility" really permeates throughout the organization. Good work-life balance. Many training opportunities. Mutual holding structure reduces unnecessary pressure on short-term results.

Cons

Tons of bureaucracy and inefficiency, as well as significant resistance to change. Very poor health insurance plan. Can be a struggle to get "real" work done - seems like everyone is always very busy but projects move forward very slowly. Communication between offices and levels of the organization needs to improve.

Performance review goals need to either be broader so they apply to everyone or can better customized to individual employees. More frequent interaction with leadership would be beneficial.

If it isn't broke, don't fix it!

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Pros

Liberty has some of the best training in the industry. They reward hard work generously. The best workers are paid very well.

Cons

The entire management structure was changed. Many good people were let go. New managers hired from the outside were unqualified

People do not like unnecessary change. They don't like micromanaging and they don't like managers that don't know or care about the business.

There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance