There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Not a good company to work for anymore...they've laid off so many depts. & yet the co is doing very well.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

not many positives to say about this company. They were great to work for at one time.

Cons

It's all about the dollar with this co & they lay off people all the time, especially those that have been loyal & worked for the co for years.

reviews filtered by
  1. field claims representative

Current Employee - Field Claims Representative
    Current Employee - Field Claims Representative

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good benefits. plenty of vacation days provided you have worked there for a while. I was accruing 2 days a month with the company. your experience may vary but my immediate manager was good. 6% match on 401k. support is there when you need it. training is very extensive. workload may be heavy during catastrophes but immediate manager usually recognizes it and tries to ask for help from CAT team or something (experience may vary depending on manager)

Cons

no room for growth. layoffs are common. i resigned from the company after the massive layoffs they had. it is very likely that you will be stuck in the field claims department. I have not seen anyone in the field move around the company in my 4 years. opportunities inside the office is much greater than in the field. upper management forgets you exist.

more career development for employees

2. nothing was unexpected . 2 behavioral interview

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Pros

Its a good company I cannot find any defects

Cons

I cant find any defects with the company

There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance