Liberty Mutual Insurance

There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Good learning experience

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Richmond, VA
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Richmond, VA

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible and fun environment. They accept individuals looking for a career in sales. Good training program. Decent base salary. Nice way to get your foot in the sales door. About a 6 month intro period then high sales results are expected.

Cons

High turnover rate. Tend to change the commission structure so it can be hard to tell exactly where you fall. Does appear to be some unfairness between management and staff. Some offices hold mandatory call nights with very limited notification and you must stay.

Don't allow discrepancies between sales associates. Some are allowed to get away with sneaky sales tactics and never get audited while others are held to the opposite standard. There should be fairness for all and customers who check in to detail may notice items they are paying for that they do not want (renter's policies)

1165 Other Employee Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance (View Most Recent)

It's all about the manager and the office you work in.

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Training program is very good. It is a great place to start your insurance career. Fairly flexible schedule. Uncapped earnings potential. A lot of fantastic co-workers. If you are willing to relocate to New England, there are a lot of opportunities for growth.

Cons

Sell, sell, sell, sell, sell. The renewal commissions here are basically non-existent. Rate increases every year on policy holders and very few tools to assist reps in saving policies, in situations like that. This is not a place to build your book and be rewarded with renewals. Want to make more money, keep selling more year in and year out. The exorbitant amount of micro-management from the branch manager, in this office, is unlike anything I have ever seen in my life. This could possibly have something to do with the fact that the branch manager here has never sold anything, ever. Managed to spreadsheets by a boss who doesn't have the employees' best interest in mind. Unbelievably top heavy.

Don't be afraid to fire managers that aren't cutting it. Too many sales reps, lose their jobs for not making "PVP", etc., and the manager isn't held accountable. I can only base my review on my personal experience. There are plenty of others, who don't work in my office, who are quite happy and don't have anything negative to say. I get that and don't blame that on anyone except my direct manager.

The company has gone the way of analysis paralysis and it truly makes everyone's life difficult. Perhaps look at what you are really getting from folks at the top and the countless VP and Director positions, and reevaluate those positions. The money saved could go to compensating reps better or possibly not taking so much rate on policies.

review

Former Employee - File Clerk in Allentown, PA
    Former Employee - File Clerk in Allentown, PA

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance part-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's a good company to work for. Casual atmosphere. People are very nice. Nice facility to work in. Clean. Secure.

Cons

THere was not enough work for 2 people to do. I was told I'd be full time. On my first day I was told I'd only be part time.

There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance