Liberty Mutual Insurance

www.libertymutualgroup.com
  www.libertymutualgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Good place to start in sales

Current Employee - Sales Representative
Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good base salary, which is rare. Very good training. In house leads. Orphan accounts to cross sell to.

Cons

Poor renewal commissions. Frustrating life insurance process.

Do more to keep sales reps within the company. Most of the good reps look to leave after three or four years.

1171 Other Employee Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance (View Most Recent)

great place to work, if you don't care about that sort of thing

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I cannot think of all the pros that come to mind. Getting micro managed, unfairly treated, dealing with comp plan changes on an annual basis... Once in awhile we got free food?

Cons

Worse area manager ever. the area manager ruined the whole entire state of Maryland. Yet they did not fire her, they demoted her to a branch manager. Also, people promoted out of now sales roles to sales leadership positions... worse business plan ever....

advance those who should advance,

ridiculously horrible

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (less than an year)

Pros

fun, nice coworkers
    free pens
    can't think of much else - benefits maybe.

Cons

absolutely awful, condescending environment. micromanaged to such an extreme that you are not even allowed to email from your own email address using Outlook - you need to use a generic 'service' email box - and you need to use a useless application with absolutely no capabilities of Outlook - just so they can grade and monitor the emails you send. phone calls are completely scripted and picked apart. entire performance is measured based on metrics determined by a program called istar. the metrics are based on how quickly you take calls, how many you take, how fast your work is completed, and how little time you spend away from your computer - so forget about going the extra mile for a customer, or doing any work that isn't monitored through istar. dehumanized, completely antiquated company, was told that we're 'not progressive enough' for any new ideas. bathroom breaks are limited, they' will tell you when you can and cannot go, and for how long - like you are a child. you are also required to tell your entire team when you leave your desk - are you crazy? it's a very call center environment, even though you've accepted an office job. literally the worst job i've ever had - boring, dry, insulting. If you have any individual thought, new ideas, or go against what they say you will be forced out. creativity or different ways of doing things are discouraged. your entire day is planned out for you and scheduled, seriously if you are intelligent independent thinking professional - you will find this environment degrading, insulting, and like you are losing brain cells every day. management is a joke, and the sales team is treated like they are God's gift, while service is glued to their desks and treated like idiots. not to meniton, the job in general is awful - customers are rude, yell at you, and you will go home feeling drained and stressed every day - while you don't have any sense of accomplishment or empowerment like other jobs will at least give you. Oh - lastly, training goes on foreverrrr - and is completely a joke. I spent my first two months sitting at my desk bored out of my mind wondering when they were actually going to have me do something - this was called 'training'. I emailed repeatedly the team asking if I could help because I felt embarassed to sit around bored, and got nowhere.

There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance