Liberty Mutual Insurance

There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Customer service rep

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They have a Decent Pay, great coworkers, great lunch venders, own desk, have the option to earn or pay for casual dress

Cons

Horrible Work/life balance, shitty schedule for new employees with late evenings and mandatory Saturdays, managers, customers

1287 Other Employee Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance (View Most Recent)

Company Morally Depraved

Former Employee - Project Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company pay is reasonable for the expectation and lack of work life balance.

Cons

They are a company that does not believe in diversity leadership. They hire diversity and have no respect for the differences that people of various backgrounds bring to the table. I am not just referring to ethnic diversity but also cognitive diversity. There is no respect for skills sets. It is a good ole boy network at its best. There is no true understanding of differences. And the judgement runs abound. There is one VP who worked at AIG before the financial meltdown and he is very influential. A complete nightmare, this guy judges you based on quick glances and is so very political. They don't judge your work they judge your differences. They are completely difficult to work with because people are so judgemental. Even minorities work against minorities.

I hated working at this company and I thought it was considered a change for me but instead it was a nightmare worse than any place I had ever worked. I left and said good riddens. I hope this company goes bankrupt. I hope one day while they are seeking back door information for USAA they end up gettting caught for trying to steal insider corporate secrets. Yeah USAA was their weakness in operations. With the growth of USAA managers and directors asked their team do you know anyone at USAA, worked for USAA (it was a joke), and then all the lean Sigma implementations. Stay away.

Get involved and value of diversity. Don't just hire it and dispose of it. Remember your leadership reflects you and alot of your leadership is malicious and lack morals.

I was treated well at my retirement age

Former Employee - Senior Industrial Hygienist in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Industrial Hygienist in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Fair and honest in all my dealings with them during my retirement and since that time. Career cut short by reductions in staff.

Cons

The work hours in my salaried position got a bit out of hand near the end of my career. We'll over a 40 hour week was expected of me.

If you don't want an employee's honest opinion, don't ask for any input. Find your "yes men" for confirmation when that is all you want.

There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance