Liberty Mutual Insurance

www.libertymutualgroup.com

Fortune 100 Company, Great Pay, Great IT Co-Workers

Intern (Current Employee) Portsmouth, NH

ProsWorked two summers at Liberty Mutual in both business and IT. The people are great. There is a lot of mobility. I know competent people in IT director positions that started in accounting.

ConsYou are working at an insurance company. Legacy systems. Full time benefits are OK, but where some companies offer 4 weeks vacation from the start and 100% 401k match, Liberty Mutual looks a little cheap.

Advice to Senior ManagementLiberty focuses on the older customer with a family, which isn't an issue, but this demographic is changing. When this generation ages, and Geico is spending a billion on ads every year, what can you do to compete?

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Like all large companies, depends on what department you're in

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Boston, MA

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Large presence in Boston with good opportunity for movement within the organization. 18 days of… Cons: Frequent (~1-2 years) reorganizations that impact some departments more than others from a workload and headcount perspective. Work-life balance… Advice to Senior Management: I think management knows what they're doing. They've grown too big to be concerned about impact… – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good lifestyle, but can be pushy

Senior Business Consultant (Current Employee) Boston, MA

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros: Not much overtime, good pay, so you have time to… Cons: Management can be very clear about what job or career they want you to take, so growing… Advice to Senior Management: Be more flexible, or you might lose people you don't… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Worked for Liberty Mutual Insurance? Contribute to the Community!