Liberty Mutual Insurance

www.libertymutualgroup.com

Great place to work on challenging insurance business projects.

Current Employee - IT Employee  in  Portsmouth, NH
Current Employee - IT Employee in Portsmouth, NH

Pros

For IT, the pay is very competitive for the location we work in, without a commute into the big city.

Cons

The culture is just now beginning to change to one that can be flexible and scalable quickly. For many years, there have been too many silos of groups doing their own thing without looking at the bigger picture, the bigger prize, the smarter way to operate.

As a benefit to employees, you should offer us enough of a discount to keep our personal insurance business. Many employees don't have Liberty insurance because we get charged over a thousand dollars more per year than other top insurance companies. I like where I work, but come on, cut us some slack, we are why you are successful.

Continue looking at growing the business by supporting standardization of work across groups, get your rates down a little bit so we can increase volume of business to help fuel growth.

Other reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Excellent talent management organization with great career opportunities.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

Senior management leadership (especially in Personal Insurance)
    Career flexibility and opportunity
    Competitive compensation
    Reasonable work/life balance

Cons

Conservative corporate culture
    Most career opportunities centrally located (Boston)

We have a significant risk of losing out on talented millenials and young professionals starting their career. Do we have the right professional culture and career brand to attract these people?

Fortune 100 Company, Great Pay, Great IT Co-Workers

Current Employee - Intern  in  Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Intern in Portsmouth, NH

Pros

Worked two summers at Liberty Mutual in both business and IT. The people are great. There is a lot of mobility. I know competent people in IT director positions that started in accounting.

Cons

You are working at an insurance company. Legacy systems. Full time benefits are OK, but where some companies offer 4 weeks vacation from the start and 100% 401k match, Liberty Mutual looks a little cheap.

Liberty focuses on the older customer with a family, which isn't an issue, but this demographic is changing. When this generation ages, and Geico is spending a billion on ads every year, what can you do to compete?

There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Worked for Liberty Mutual Insurance? Contribute to the Community!