Liberty Mutual Insurance

There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Former Insurance agent

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Brookfield, WI
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Brookfield, WI

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Company pays for everything, best company to start with as far as an insurance agent is concerned. They pay salary plus bonus and commissions. They pay errors and omissions and totally give you leads etc.

Cons

No mobility if you are looking for a career beyond an agent then you will most likely have to move. Their product lines is strict P&C, life insurance and fixed annuities. If you want to sell a more vast product line then Liberty doesn't provide that. Great company though.

Management needs to be more transparent to agents they hire, regarding mobility. If they only want to keep you as an agent for ever then say it, if not they should be working with employees to help them move within company.

1190 Other Employee Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance (View Most Recent)

Liberty could be a GREAT company but this office is not worth it!

Current Employee - Commercial Lines Underwriter in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Commercial Lines Underwriter in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Liberty Mutual typically pays higher than most companies, and they offer fair benefits. It's a solid company that does not lay off employees, with a very good reputation.

Cons

If you want to be a Commercial Underwriter do not choose this office, in this state. The Phoenix, AZ office is KNOWN for it's high turnover, poor working conditions, and low morale. The longest tenured employee from this office is 5 years, and that's just sad... and there is just ONE. We work in the insurance industry and employees have started to record one on one discussions with management due to the harrassment. The employees make this office enjoyable, but everyday we seem to lose another. Executive management has acknowledged that our office has an usual problem, yet they keep the same managers that continue to be the main source of the problem. You are expected to work over 40 hours a week, and I can't tell you the last time I haven't worked on a Saturday. Given our turnover we are continuously understaffed which places pressure on veteran staff to work unrealistic hours, and books. Most of our new hires do not stay past training, and those that remain spend most of their day job searching. It is becoming such a joke... I enjoy working for Liberty Mutual, but this office has turned me off in general in the company.

You need to change your front line managers.... this is becoming ridiculous. It's sad when managers comments made about employees make its way out on the floor, and employees end up hearing about it. The correct response is not, "You shouldn't know that" but "That should have NEVER been said by "professionals".

Good company to work for.

Former Employee - Claim Investigator in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Claim Investigator in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great pay. Good benefits. Wonderful vacation time after years of service builds up. Training and continued education to develop employees is stressed.

Cons

Company wants to continue be leader in industry but finds itself doing what "every other" insurance carrier is doing to make the bottom line look better. Downsizing and outsourcing work is the trend and Liberty is following rather than setting itself apart by keeping good people and years of experience in-house.

Downsizing and outsourcing work will pay off in the short term but it will catch up with the company when customer service falls apart. You need good people to make it all work so don't do what all the other carriers are doing by relying on outside vendors to provide the customer service that built the company up to what it is today.

There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance