Sr. Claim Specialist I

Current Employee - Senior Claim Specialist
Current Employee - Senior Claim Specialist

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Salary and Benefits. Coworkers were very nice to work with. Casual days for good performance. Work with you with you have a conflict with your schedule

Cons

No manager consistency. Due to different manager styles, employees have different expectations on overall file presentation. This also results in more leniency depending on your manager.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good work/life balance but be prepared to really work hard first couple years to build customer base.

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Pros

Depending on your manager, there's minimal micromanagement. Very strong in training and sales process. Sales people have a line of service reps to help free up time to sell.

Cons

Pay the first year is tough due to lack of customer base. Commission structure could be better defined.

Advice to Management

Streamline payouts so reps can set daily goals to hit instead of just aiming at getting the ideal customer.

Not very good environment for someone in there 30's or beyond!

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Boston, MA

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, nice cafeteria, good location

Cons

The management style is awful, I was contracting and there had be at least 8 people deep in my exact position contracting and perm in the past year that has quit because of this crazy manager. First off let me begin with she didn't want to be a manager, she was a angry person who does not know how to lead. Also, We were working in moldy building!

Advice to Management

En power your people and make sure they know what you want first before you decide to go off the handle and scream at them to the point where you almost give them a heart attack. The best part is there are no reasons to yell about very petty things that was never fully explained in detail in the first place. That is not a way to manage. Make sure you explain in full detail what you are looking for to get done prior to you being angry about it. There is so much turn-over it's crazy!!!!! Maybe it's time to decide that it might be your managers and not your employees that doing the wrong!!