Liberty Mutual Insurance

www.libertymutualgroup.com
  www.libertymutualgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Dallas, TX

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (more than an year)

Pros

unlimited income, base+comm, great benefits

Cons

prospecting, prospecting, prospecting. Chasing business all the time, very few leads provided for you. Rates are not very competitve

n/a

1193 Other Employee Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance (View Most Recent)

Former Insurance agent

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Brookfield, WI
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Brookfield, WI

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Company pays for everything, best company to start with as far as an insurance agent is concerned. They pay salary plus bonus and commissions. They pay errors and omissions and totally give you leads etc.

Cons

No mobility if you are looking for a career beyond an agent then you will most likely have to move. Their product lines is strict P&C, life insurance and fixed annuities. If you want to sell a more vast product line then Liberty doesn't provide that. Great company though.

Management needs to be more transparent to agents they hire, regarding mobility. If they only want to keep you as an agent for ever then say it, if not they should be working with employees to help them move within company.

Liberty could be a GREAT company but this office is not worth it!

Current Employee - Commercial Lines Underwriter in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Commercial Lines Underwriter in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Liberty Mutual typically pays higher than most companies, and they offer fair benefits. It's a solid company that does not lay off employees, with a very good reputation.

Cons

If you want to be a Commercial Underwriter do not choose this office, in this state. The Phoenix, AZ office is KNOWN for it's high turnover, poor working conditions, and low morale. The longest tenured employee from this office is 5 years, and that's just sad... and there is just ONE. We work in the insurance industry and employees have started to record one on one discussions with management due to the harrassment. The employees make this office enjoyable, but everyday we seem to lose another. Executive management has acknowledged that our office has an usual problem, yet they keep the same managers that continue to be the main source of the problem. You are expected to work over 40 hours a week, and I can't tell you the last time I haven't worked on a Saturday. Given our turnover we are continuously understaffed which places pressure on veteran staff to work unrealistic hours, and books. Most of our new hires do not stay past training, and those that remain spend most of their day job searching. It is becoming such a joke... I enjoy working for Liberty Mutual, but this office has turned me off in general in the company.

You need to change your front line managers.... this is becoming ridiculous. It's sad when managers comments made about employees make its way out on the floor, and employees end up hearing about it. The correct response is not, "You shouldn't know that" but "That should have NEVER been said by "professionals".

There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance