There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Ideal Environment to start a career

Current Employee - Accountant in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Accountant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (more than a year)

Pros

An abundance of great opportunities at the bottom, supportive and responsive supervisors and managers. Straight forward and open compensation strategy.

Cons

I have not experienced any to date. There are of course the normal elements of any large organization but nothing that sticks out or has been a significant hurdle.

Let's be the first major corporation to design a compensation package at the executive level that ends the companies financial liability to executives when they leave. The image of a few getting million dollar annual exit packages while pensions for the rank and file are constantly cutback should is a problem worthy of a solution

reviews filtered by

Great company! Good benefits!

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Pros

Benefits and pay are top-notch. Management seems to genuinely care about its employees. Liberty truly promotes from within and offers various advancement opportunities.

Cons

Shift options are limited which makes work life to home life balance tough. Work load can be unmanageable and little to no formal training provided.

Be more flexible with your shift options and support your employees ability to telecommute on all levels. Offer more ways for employees to balance their work and home life. Formal training needs to be set up on all levels.

2. This is a great company if you are looking to pursue further education but cannot afford to pay for it.

Current Employee - Human Resources Professional in Dover, NH
    Current Employee - Human Resources Professional in Dover, NH

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Training is comprehensive,policies and rules are laid out for everyone to see and follow, compensation is great for the NH market, tuition reimbursement program is excellent, Human Resources are always there should you have an issue, grievance or complaint.

Cons

Depending on the department or manager you have- the culture and environment can be drastically different from department to department. I love the company as a whole and have met some fantastic people- but unfortunately the manager I've had the last 2 years is not exemplary of what a great manager is by any means. However nearby managers I've watched treat their employees with dignity, respect and encouragement- which is why I am looking to switch departments ASAP.

There should be 360 reviews on all managers. Employees are constantly being critiqued and called out by their managers, but there is no chance for employees to let management know how they are doing as managers. Most innovative companies use this approach- I'm surprised we aren't there yet.

There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance