Ideal Environment to start a career

Current Employee - Accountant  in  Boston, MA
Current Employee - Accountant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

An abundance of great opportunities at the bottom, supportive and responsive supervisors and managers. Straight forward and open compensation strategy.

Cons

I have not experienced any to date. There are of course the normal elements of any large organization but nothing that sticks out or has been a significant hurdle.

Let's be the first major corporation to design a compensation package at the executive level that ends the companies financial liability to executives when they leave. The image of a few getting million dollar annual exit packages while pensions for the rank and file are constantly cutback should is a problem worthy of a solution

Other Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

This is a great company if you are looking to pursue further education but cannot afford to pay for it.

Current Employee - Human Resources Professional  in  Dover, NH
    Current Employee - Human Resources Professional in Dover, NH

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Training is comprehensive,policies and rules are laid out for everyone to see and follow, compensation is great for the NH market, tuition reimbursement program is excellent, Human Resources are always there should you have an issue, grievance or complaint.

Cons

Depending on the department or manager you have- the culture and environment can be drastically different from department to department. I love the company as a whole and have met some fantastic people- but unfortunately the manager I've had the last 2 years is not exemplary of what a great manager is by any means. However nearby managers I've watched treat their employees with dignity, respect and encouragement- which is why I am looking to switch departments ASAP.

There should be 360 reviews on all managers. Employees are constantly being critiqued and called out by their managers, but there is no chance for employees to let management know how they are doing as managers. Most innovative companies use this approach- I'm surprised we aren't there yet.

gained alot of experience in the office setting

Former Employee - Senior Legal Office Assistant  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Legal Office Assistant in Boston, MA

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

a great team of co-workers and management worked hard to satisfy the needs of employees.

Cons

short staffing led to some stressful situations

compensation could be better

There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Worked for Liberty Mutual Insurance? Contribute to the Community!