Liberty Mutual Insurance

There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Great career. Great pay. You get out what you put in. Outside local sales rep

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flex schedule, work life balance if you if you take advantage of it. Great benefits, 401k matching, pension plan to retire on, base pay plus comish plus overtime pay. Anything over 37.5 hr is OT. Lots of paid vacation days. They help pay for marketing if you have good ideas, if it's a crappy idea they won't spend their money you have to pay. You get payed for business miles like .56 a mile directly added to your pay ck. No buy-in to get started, no equipment cost, no building rent, no draw system to charge you back. They pay most things within reason. Good co workers, some managers are good some are bad. They got rid of most of the bad ones. Very diverse work force with woman running az. Lots of different ethnic cultures. Good paid training. You get a personal trainer, a mentor and a manager to help you. I have never missed any of my kids ball games or school things I can plan my schedule if I am producing. Some complain about the comp plan but once you get promoted it gets way better. You have to work to prove yourself make over 110k then you get promoted and make about 130k minimum. I started in their call center to learn and get practice then promoted into the field. I worked for a lot of other insurance companies and this is by far the best.

Cons

Since they have been growing so much since 2012-2014 they have made some bad hires. Some of these folks are not good sales people and they complain. They give the people to many chances and try to help them to much for too long and sometimes it hurts moral if you have a "dead man walking in your office". Having them hang out that long makes them bitter. The rate environment is a bit tuff now. Rates are not like they used to be. You have to be good to your customers to make this job work well. If you are lazy you will not make it. If you don't have a big network you will not sell and will not make the big bucks. Some people come in and have NO network and think the sales will fall in their lap. They will not. Training is good but a lot of electronic and class learning not as much in the field.

They should just fire lazy slacker and let the complainers go. If they don't have the sales gift cut your losses. Some complain about low renewal, but when you do the math ( what you don't have to pay for) it's not that bad, just a little low. Really you need better front end pay to support the first year or two to attract top sales people. Don't give so manny chances during the 2 year probation. If they don't have it, cut your losses.

1287 Other Employee Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance (View Most Recent)

Great Career Development for young professionals.

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Pros

Have the opportunity for substantial growth.

Cons

Do not have any as of now.

Great Company to work for

Former Employee - Senior Field Investigator II CM in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Field Investigator II CM in Tampa, FL

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

This was a company that treated its employees as family not anymore

Take care of your employees they are you company

There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance