Liberty Mutual Insurance

3 years at Liberty

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Pros

The company can feel like one big family despite how big it is. It is a internationally known company with a good reputation. There are also many opportunities to transfer within.

Cons

Because the fact that it is such a big company sometimes it's easy to be overlooked. It depends on the department of course. The pay, while good, isn't the most competitive. Also the medical insurance is pretty bad.

Management training should be required to all managers especially on how to grow your own staff. Often times the work is more important than the people.

1196 Other Employee Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance (View Most Recent)

Overworked and underpaid

Current Employee - Medpay Examiner in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Medpay Examiner in Portland, OR

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Pros

It is believed that you're in a safe industry with auto insurance. If that's the case, than Liberty Mutual is a safe place to be at.

Cons

As with any corporate position, the work load will always be just a bit more than you can handle. There really is no down time in this position.

It's good to see that management is willing to promote from within, but when that pool is infested with weak unqualified candidates, you end up with the blind leading the blind.

Predictable work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Pros

Vacation and sick time are all given as flexible time off and after a couple of years you can get quite a good amount of time off. The people are generally fun and easy to work with.

Cons

The work I do is for the most part not very stimulating and I feel like as an "analyst" I do very little analysis although the word is thrown around a lot. My skills are very underutilized and I am rarely challenged.

Leadership is fair. There are a lot of great people in management roles but promotions are few and far between and tenure seems to matter more than actual performance.

There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance