Upstanding, honest and professional company

Current Employee - Marketing Manager  in  Boston, MA
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Pros

Liberty Mutual is an upstanding company, led by people with high moral standards and integrity. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there and would gladly return to work for them.

Cons

The size of the company might scare some people, but it is a very well run company.While the size might be daunting, I never felt I was a "number".

Keep doing what you're doing!

Other Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

It all depends on your Manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dover, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dover, NH

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Pros

Good salary; good benefits; good people; very conservative

Cons

reorganizes every five minutes (slight exaggeration) so stability v. low. Management skill varies enormously.

Work to support and continuously train your people.

It is a JOB, end of story

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Pros

Pay is fairly good.

If you go for an interview, they make it sound like a great opportunity with the ability to move up with the company. (I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH TRUTH THERE IS TO THAT)

Cons

Micro-management is probably the best way to put it. If you do something wrong, you are told to fix it but heres the thing... they won't tell you on what it is you need to improve. You have to figure it out for yourself. Which is fine in most instances if you weren't working with customers (representing the company) Bottom line is management can't tell you what to improve on because they don't know how to coach people. It's very demoralizing and management is not constructive.

I imagine this job would be much more satisfying if the workloads didn't put everyone over their heads. Especially for new people, they throw them in the fire and expect them to come out on top. (Yes you get training)

But the training is disorganized as well. You spend 5 weeks in which you are staring at a computer screen and memorizing everything you can about Claims. Then you sit in a classroom and have NO HANDS on experience. After that time you are thrown on the phones and with actual claims. It's not a good place to be in.

Do not treat your employees with disrespect. Show them the ways they can improve and when employees need assistance, don't take that as a sign of bad faith but rather embrace the fact that employees are doing what they can to be successful. I would NOT push my reps away because they are struggling. Yes the job isn't for everyone but if you do what you can and try your absolute hardest, there is NO reason that management should treat their employees like trash.

There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Worked for Liberty Mutual Insurance? Contribute to the Community!