There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

My experience to date has been pretty good.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Pros

Pay, benefits, training, performance feedback, teaming concept

Cons

Management Non-competitive rates makes it hard to sell and maintain current customer satisfaction.

Advice to Management

I think most offices would have better management, however my immediate manager at times has been rude and derogatory to the point where I reported him to upper management. The situation has improved, so I will give him the benefit of the doubt that office environment will maintain it's current level.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. good starting salary

Current Employee - Claims Case Manager
    Current Employee - Claims Case Manager

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Pros

good benefits. friendly co workers

Cons

45 -50 hr week. too much work - not enough time to get it done

Advice to Management

hire more people

Sad state of affairs

I have been working at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Pros

Paid pretty well. That'd be all. Otherwise, there's really no reason to work at this place. I've got a mortgage. But you'd better believe i have resumes out there.

Cons

Everything else. It's a wonder i'm still here. The state of management, cut-throat as ever. They pick their favorites and look to use them as pawns/and or snitches. And they will sell you down the river to save face in a claims review!(happened to me a month or so ago). They take credit when its not theirs, and blame the staff for it all. Compliments are never conveyed but negativity is. A sad state of affairs. I've seen managers laugh at employee e-mails/and or resumes. What kind of place is this? Doing your work doesn't make you a top performer...i wonder what kind of performance makes you a top performer? Not in your employment! Diversity in the office is non-existent- I feel embarrassed. Promotions probably happen via the happy hour or "closed door meetings", i think, because I dont know why these people are getting promoted. The favored children do no work, and get away with plenty. Sad state of affairs. Doubly so. No confirmation on any of this, but just my thoughts. And then they wonder why people leave? Everytime the office rumor mill starts up about someone leaving, I get excited, and make a note to send more resumes out when I get home.

Advice to Management

Get rid of a lot of the management in your regional offices. This reorganization didn't work, and some useless managers don't work. I'm not going to name names, but it's sad. And tell your managers to stay off of this site, while working, because trying to find out who wrote these reviews is pathetic. They look at "key words" and try to figure out areas where the reviewer works. Well, I work in Workers Compensation. Hope that narrows it down for you. Let people vent- because you sure enough don't listen when we do.