There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Power Corp

The company was about the low point to my career thus far.

I worked at Liberty Power Corp

Pros

Due to the utter lack of direction by management, you can be exposed to new and different responsibilities that could expand your skill set.

Cons

The company places absolutely no value on work life balance. You are expected to place all other priorities in your life (relationship, children) below the company. If you are a well qualified candidate thinking about joining Liberty, it would definitely be in your best interest to look elsewhere, especially if you have options.

The company has the word humble as part of it's core values. It would be nice if they actually meant it, instead of being absolute hypocrites.

46 Other Employee Reviews for Liberty Power Corp (View Most Recent)

Can be a good job depending which department you are in, and who happens to be the manager at the time.

I have been working at Liberty Power Corp

Pros

Still a young growing company. If you are patient, persistent and wise, you can probably find a lot of opportunities and find a nice nitche role for yourself.

The company is slow to recognize its faults... but at least it does recognize them; which more than I can say for every other job I've had. For example, the work hours have gotten much more sane in the past year. Sure, you may still leave at 8pm 2 or 3 times a week, but it used to be 10pm every day. So its going in the right direction.

Very kind, talented and driven people in the company. They put a lot of effort into hiring the right kind of person, and for the most part, it seems to be effective.

Cons

Hands down the worst problem is the stress the CEO puts on the VPs. He scares the hell out of them. He blows up at anyone who has anything ugly to report. His attitude is only receptive of yes-men personalities. It's very sad seeing experienced and professional VPs reduced to cowering do-boys with forced smiles on their faces. "oh yes sir, thats a great idea sir, right away sir"

Another issue is metrics. The motto is "anything that gets measured, gets improved". The truth is, "anything thats get measured, gets lied about". One of tragedies of these metrics is that the worst people tend to look the best and the best people look the worst. The ones who are really doing a quality job, will probably get less work done. I am so impressed when, time and time again, I see people try extra hard to help out a customer or fellow co-workers even though they know they will be punished for it when the numbers come out.
    But the ones who just care about how they look to their manager, will crank out sloppy work and shamelessly LIE and fudge any numbers they can get away with. The humble ones have to stay quiet and watch as these shady people get all the recognition.

With the company growing so much, there are a lot of new hires. Often times this leads to unfairness either toward the newer or older employees.
    If there is an older manager, they tend to be comfortable with the good-ol-boys they've known for years. The new people in this case are viewed as simply a resource to help with the grunt work and nothing more. There is little respect for the multitude of years of experience they have, if you are new a Liberty, you are simply a newbie.
    However, if its the manager who is new, they tend to form a clique with other new people, especially those they were able to hand pick. The older people are viewed as a burden or maybe just someone to maintain the legacy processes while the new team can "finally do it right" and "fix" all that messed up stuff the old timers did. There is little respect for the years of experience the person already has with the company and the ideas they have to improve it.

Slow Down! Gaining 1000 customers a week just to lose 900 is not as good as gaining 500 and losing just 10.

The company is an awful sloppy mess because its trying to do too much too quickly. Pace yourself. You are making all the employees and customer furious. And for what! To make less profit and be able to boast about your growth

Things are getting better

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Liberty Power Corp full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was a contractor before I was converted to perm. During that time I was witness to the layoffs and the reduced spending. While I feel for the people that were affected by the layoffs unfortunately it is sometimes a necessary evil for a business to survive. However, things are beginning to look up again and I'm hopeful that the trend will continue.

Great Co-workers
    Competitive Salaries
    No Dress Code
    Work-Life Balance

Cons

Upper management could have handled the layoff/cost avoidance strategy better.

From what I understand Liberty Power has grown from a small ship to a large ship. Please keep that in mind when changing course as the wakes left behind can have longer lasting effects. I am buying into the "Powerful Together" philosophy and am hoping that I made the right choice.

There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Power Corp

Worked for Liberty Power Corp? Contribute to the Community!