There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Tax Service

For beginners and Business owners

Current Employee - Tax Preparer in Oakland, CA
Current Employee - Tax Preparer in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Liberty Tax Service part-time (less than a year)

Pros

For those looking for experience in the tax world, this is a good place to start. Also if you have a passion for this type of business, a franchise opportunity can lead to a good income.

Cons

During tax season, it can be overwhelming at times and slow at others. Also, unless you are a franchise owner you will not make much money.

Make it easier (less roadblocks) to claim credit for referring future franchise owners.

reviews filtered by
  1. A wonderful experience getting to help clients with their taxes

Current Employee - Manager in Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Liberty Tax Service full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

One of the best reason to work for Liberty Tax Service is that it is a very well know establishment. The Liberty culture is huge and we have national support with a hometown availability.We have the ability to help people get their refund quick.

Cons

Not too many cons, we use too much paper and because we work with the IRS it sometimes its frustrating because they had some delays that were not Liberty's fault and it made it challenge.

We use to much paper.

Rewarding and with the right attitude the chance to own your own store

Former Employee - Tax Preparer in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Tax Preparer in Austin, TX

I worked at Liberty Tax Service

Pros

Flexible work schedule allowing for time to take care of other responsibilities such as family or looking for other jobs since taxes are seasonal. Great way to build a foundation for a career in taxes. Great way to learn how not to overpay your taxes and get tax breaks.

Cons

Barely above minimum wage pay for beginning tax preparers and given the amount of information that is needed to do taxes properly the pay should be higher.

Hopefully the pay will increase since the IRS is moving toward all tax preparers being certified in order to do business. Keep the working environment fun.

There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Tax Service