For beginners and Business owners

Current Employee - Tax Preparer in Oakland, CA
Current Employee - Tax Preparer in Oakland, CA

I have been working at Liberty Tax Service part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For those looking for experience in the tax world, this is a good place to start. Also if you have a passion for this type of business, a franchise opportunity can lead to a good income.

Cons

During tax season, it can be overwhelming at times and slow at others. Also, unless you are a franchise owner you will not make much money.

Advice to Management

Make it easier (less roadblocks) to claim credit for referring future franchise owners.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. A wonderful experience getting to help clients with their taxes

Current Employee - Manager in Lawrenceville, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Lawrenceville, GA

I have been working at Liberty Tax Service full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

One of the best reason to work for Liberty Tax Service is that it is a very well know establishment. The Liberty culture is huge and we have national support with a hometown availability.We have the ability to help people get their refund quick.

Cons

Not too many cons, we use too much paper and because we work with the IRS it sometimes its frustrating because they had some delays that were not Liberty's fault and it made it challenge.

Advice to Management

We use to much paper.

2. Keep your expectations low

Current Employee - Tax Preparer in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Tax Preparer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Liberty Tax Service part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Its nice to help people to do their taxes
    Co- workers are usually nice

Cons

There is not enough work for all that are hired which makes a very hard situation for the workers.
    The IRS is requiring new testing and PTIN registration creating additional costs to low paid workers.
    The headquarters of the company encourages its franchise owners to hire unqualified workers at low incomes rather than qualified people who might mean their profit will be lower. The turnover in ployees is high and mostly seasonal work. The franchise owners to do have to be qualified to own and run this business and have limited training. Not all offices have equal quality or concern for their clients.

Advice to Management

Time to change how you train the franchise owners, stop appealing to their greed.