Liberty Tire Recycling

www.libertytire.com
There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Tire Recycling

I learned a lot.

I worked at Liberty Tire Recycling full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are fabulous, people are pretty down to earth.

Cons

Always behind on what's wanted/needed, everything is a rush job.

12 Other Employee Reviews for Liberty Tire Recycling (View Most Recent)

Very old school. Progressive products, not a progressive company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Liberty Tire Recycling full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits. Decent pay if negotiated when start. Increases are few and far between. Bonuses, but not structured.

Cons

Company isn't interested in listening to new voices and new ideas. Very comfortable doing what they're doing now and have been doing for years. Watch out for being classified as salary when you shouldn't be. You'll be expected to work many more hours than is necessary. Employees who have been here for 7+ years are "safe", no matter what they do they will not get in trouble. Everyone else is fair game. If you come in on through a staffing agency, expect to stay that way for 1 year minimum. And if you'd like to keep that job, no matter where you are in the office, make sure senior leadership sees you every day.

You have some great employees with some great ideas, you need to embrace that. Understand your weaknesses. You're not going to understand the ins and outs of every job and every system. That's why you hire people. If those people understand those ins and outs, you need to trust them. Good talent is flying out the door.

Dispatcher

I worked at Liberty Tire Recycling

Pros

The GM was good let me do my job without a lot of interference. The people who worked for me were good people and the management team that I worked with were good people.

Cons

Corporate office didn't show any respect or care for the people in the field. They knew they were burning out their people and did nothing about it. They took a lot of time off that the people in the field were not allowed to take. Corporate office pushed and pushed people in the field with NO regard to their well being. There is no where to go in the company no where to move or get promoted to.

Treat everyone the same. if you know that a certain job has a burn out time of two years try to do something to make that job better. Stop with so many reports and report cards. People do not need to get beat up every single day to do a good job. In fact you are defeating yourself. With all the negativity, no one who actually wants to do a good job will stay because they never get any praise or respect, just negativity daily.

There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Tire Recycling