There are newer employer reviews for Liberty Travel

The worlds number one travel agency

Current Employee - Travel Consultant in Orange, CA
Current Employee - Travel Consultant in Orange, CA

I have been working at Liberty Travel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Travel perks - you'll go to Jersey for training, then to a destination for a few nights for another training.

You learn a ton from this company. Great options for growth and support found almost anywhere from management or other members of your team.

Cons

Starting salary is $30k a year. Your average commission check is around $175 - 300 a month. Your employment relies heavily on a numbers game - if you do not reach your target you will be let go. You are going to be micro managed. You will be recorded on all calls.

Advice to Management

Going strong - you do a great job.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good Starting Place

Former Employee - Travel Consultant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Travel Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at Liberty Travel

Pros

Great way to travel on the cheap, lots of opportunities for travel!! Even give you a week in addition to 2 weeks vacation for work related travel

Cons

Pay is poor and is the same whether you live in NYC or in the back woods of CT, this can be frustrating. There is the opportunity to make good money but you have to know the industry a bit.

Advice to Management

Communicate with your team. I understand how promotions work but a good sales person doesn't always make a good manager.

Has improved a lot since change in ownership - Great team, good benefits.

Current Employee - Team Leader - Support Services in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Team Leader - Support Services in New York, NY

I have been working at Liberty Travel

Pros

Can make really good money on your incentives. I'm not in a sales position but I still have incentives I can earn (This year I'm on track to earn well over my total package). They also have a good program for career progression and you can get promoted quite quickly which is a change over the last year (its no longer who you know, its what you contribute that matters).

Cons

Some of the people who I've worked with for the last 10 years ago haven't made the adjustment to the new leadership approach vs the old management style - they can be quite negative when it comes to change. The parking is bad and so is the cafe.