There are newer employer reviews for Liberty University

Good company to work for.

Current Employee - Student Accounts in Lynchburg, VA
Current Employee - Student Accounts in Lynchburg, VA

I have been working at Liberty University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits. Healthy working environment.

Cons

Hours can be terrible. Pay is on the lower end. Tough to get ahead unless you know someone higher up. Communication between departments is terrible.

Advice to Management

Communicate more.

Other Employee Reviews for Liberty University

1. Politics but pay

Former Employee - Assistant, Production in Lynchburg, VA
    Former Employee - Assistant, Production in Lynchburg, VA

I worked at Liberty University part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They pay for everything, school and 400 on top for a GSA position. The living area is cheap but the campus is high quality

Cons

politics, religion, nepotism, and inability for innovation.

Advice to Management

Higher Professors that teach and stop firing the beloved ones.

Dependable, pleasant place to work, but the public appearance does not reflect their internal realities.

Current Employee - Analyst in Lynchburg, VA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Lynchburg, VA

I have been working at Liberty University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- With online education on the rise, Liberty University is always hiring and creating new jobs. This makes job security a sure thing. - For the most part, you don't have to have a lot of experience in a particular field to get an entry level position that pays well for singles and young couples. If you put in your time, you will get better job opportunities within Liberty. - A lot of the immediate management are friendly and approachable.

Cons

- Some departments have debilitating micromanagement. - Promotions are usually a highly political decision. When that is not the case, those chosen for leadership are often promoted due to their "knowledge base" rather than their ability to be a leader in their industry. - If you have a family, you will need supplemental income from a second job or from a working spouse because the salary caps are quite low.

Advice to Management

To be honest, I have really enjoyed working at Liberty! The pros outweigh the cons in my mind, but if I had to provide some feedback it would be regarding "following through." There have been several situations in which the management at Liberty has said they would do something, but have chosen not to for one reason or another. There are some glaring instances that I am sure you have heard feedback about already, but I could share a handful of other circumstances that would fit here as well. My primary request is that you don't make a promise that you don't intend to keep and if one of your promises is taking longer than expected or it doesn't look like it's going to work out then just tell us. Too often the "behind the scenes" decisions are kept behind closed doors and the employees are left in the dark.