Library of Congress

www.loc.gov

Congressional Research Service is a great place to work

Analyst (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsIntelligent colleagues who care about their work and a collegial atmosphere. CRS pays very well and it isn't that hard to get promoted to the GS-14 and 15 level, compared to other places. The work is interesting and important, you feel like you are making a difference to Congress when they are listening.

ConsThe senior management (at CRS) recently changed, but when I was there people were not happy with the way they were running things. No ability to work from home, very little flexibility, sometimes we felt like we were treated like schoolchildren rather than respected professionals.

Advice to Senior ManagementMembers of Congress treat CRS employees with more respect than the outgoing Director did. Give CRS employees the benefit of the doubt- they all want to do a good job for Congress, and if you give them the tools and flexibility they will continue to work wonders. This includes a part-time option, occasional work-from-home, and other family-friendly initiatives. The boost to morale will make everything run better.

Wonderful

Special Events Planner (Current Employee) Washington, DC

I have been working at Library of Congress

Pros: The Library of Congress is a fantastic place to work… Cons: I don't have a downside. Advice to Senior Management: I don't have any feedback. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Best place I've ever worked

Director (Former Employee) Washington, DC

I worked at Library of Congress

Pros: Stimulating work environment, brilliant people, nice location, excellent benefits Cons: Every day I went to work I felt like a kid in a candy store. Brilliant place to work. Wonderful… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Library of Congress.

Worked for Library of Congress? Contribute to the Community!