There are newer employer reviews for Lieberman Research Worldwide

A Transparent/Innovative Company, Filled with Wonderfully Smart People Dedicated to your Professional & Personal Growth

Current Employee - Senior Research Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Senior Research Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Lieberman Research Worldwide

Pros

Overall, LRW is an amazing place to work. To be totally honest, I never really considered a career in market research until interviewing with LRW over 3 years ago, but I'm pleasantly surprised to find that the reasons I ended up accepting an offer with LRW as a fresh college graduate are still the reasons I love working here today.

First off, the opportunity to grow both professionally and personally is seemingly limitless at LRW. My managers (both direct and more senior) have played an integral role in equipping me with the knowledge and skills that I need to learn the ins and outs of the industry (I knew virtually nothing about MR before I started) and ultimately, lead me to promotion after promotion. After talking with friends working in like-minded industries, I am constantly blown away by how great LRW's review and promotion program is in comparison. I receive feedback on my performance regularly - from daily constructive criticism to annual (previously bi-annual) formal reviews. And, as far as promotion requirements go, there doesn't need to be an "opening" above you to get promoted, you simply need to have the appropriate skill set. This creates a non-competitive working environment, filled with individuals who are committed to your professional development. LRW also offers an extensive series of courses in a program called "LRW University", where you can learn the absolute basics of MR to more complicated analytic techniques.

Second, I truly enjoy the work that we do here. It's not everyday that you become an expert in a whole host of (random, yet interesting!!) industries. I could talk to you about jams, jellies and preserves, toilet paper or cholesterol medication all day long (if you let me!). I am also constantly challenged to learn new things, which keeps the work interesting and means that workdays are rarely dull.

Third, LRW has created an innovative and transparent culture - a big nod to senior management here for constantly trying to find ways to make this company better and its employees happier. Innovation is a somewhat new pillar to the company, but I'm a huge believer in change (after all, no person nor company can truly grow without change) and am excited to see where this can go. Thus far, senior management has been doing a wonderful job encouraging a "culture of innovation" - opening the door to any employee to challenge the way that we do work today. Moreover, there is a relatively high level of transparency at LRW - e.g., the entire company meets on a monthly basis to review the company's financials, goals, etc. and all employees are encouraged to participate in corresponding Q&A sessions.

And finally (I saved the best for last), the people. I honestly cannot speak more highly about the individuals that work at LRW. I love love love the people that I work with. There are always tough days at any job, but the people at this company consistently bring a smile to my face and make those tough days bearable. Together, we have created a working environment that is intellectually stimulating, highly supportive and, most importantly, fun. LRW is a company where you get back exactly what you put in. Ultimately, everything that you need to succeed in a career here is available to you - you just have to find the motivation to engage yourself and the rest will follow.

Cons

There is an exceptional amount of talented and bright individuals already working at this company. As such, the bar is set pretty high and a lot will likely be expected from you. However, the managers here are amazing mentors and are more than happy to coach you through the process. Also, there may be some long hours (aren't there long days at most jobs?) but they aren't a regular occurance and don't typically last for extended periods of time.

Continue to ask for the opinions of and listen to your employees. Also, continue to encourage a culture of innovation. It means a lot and will go long way.

59 Other Employee Reviews for Lieberman Research Worldwide (View Most Recent)

Great place to grow and succeed for ambitious, smart, hard workers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Century City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Century City, CA

I have been working at Lieberman Research Worldwide

Pros

-Merit-based promotions
    -Very smart people
    -Young, energetic vibe

Cons

-Hard to balance work with personal life with wanting to achieve
    -Progress is slower to happen as the company grows in size
    -There still exists some hesitance to give honest feedback at the mid- to upper-mgmt levels

-Maintain and nurture your current focus on promoting and rewarding leadership
    -Reassess previous ideas of appropriate staffing structure for business model (get more junior-level support for teams)

If you are looking for personal and professional growth - this is the place!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Lieberman Research Worldwide

Pros

I came to LRW from a much larger market research firm and the number one difference that is evident is the ability to stand out and make a name for yourself - if you want it! The fact that LRW is a mid sized privately held firm provides its employees (at any level) a large amount of entrepreneurial flexibility. If you have and idea for how to improve something or make things more efficient, the powers that be are open to listening regardless of your title and provide you the power and owenrship to see it through.

The talent that is hired here produces extremely high quality work. The amount of time and effort that goes into each project from both junior and senior staff surpasses what I have seen from other competitive firms. With that, the company is highly regadred and clients and other firms will recognize that on you rresume.

Promotion and personal growth - if you put in the work and can prove that you are capable of perfroming at a high level, there is nothing that will keep you from being promoted. While some larger corporate firms have a lot of rules and regulations around when someone can be promoted, at LRW it is all up to you! (see con below for the flipside)

Cons

It's all in how you perceive work life. Tthere are some periods of long work days/weeks - but nothing out of the ordinary for a service provider in this industry.

If you are the type of person who is not internally motivated to grow, you won't be promoted as quickly as you may hope.

Continue to provide opportunity for growth within the company and foster the development of the junior staff by providing them with appropriate tools and training to do so.

There are newer employer reviews for Lieberman Research Worldwide

Worked for Lieberman Research Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!