Lieberman Research Worldwide

There are newer employer reviews for Lieberman Research Worldwide

Soul Killing, NO respect or appreciation, Bad pay

Former Employee - Graphics Specialist in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Graphics Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Lieberman Research Worldwide full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Your co-workers will be very smart with strong work-ethics. Not a common experience from my work experience. so...there's that. And it's a huge Pro, imho.

Cons

Low pay. LONG hours. TIGHT turnaround. The company expected me to work 7am-3pm without a break- no time avail even to run to the bathroom. I then got home and was expected to log onto the remote server to be avail to work 5pm-midnight. I worked every weekend. Every holiday. I begged for help to alleviate the crushing workload - response was a groan and shaking of heads. When a family member was dying and I asked to work from home (he was not eating full meals, so he needed someone home to feed him every hour or else he starved), I was met with resistance. After the family member died, I was told I was NEARLY FIRED for "making something else more important than LRW" Keep in mind, I was working in a job that had NO potential for promotions, etc. And the CEO announced we would no longer get annual bonuses "because the company needs to tighten purse strings a bit" After I quit, I learned the mangers, field managers, etc continued to get bonuses as high as $10k/year (our bonuses were typically $500/yr). The CEO also asked a co-worker of mine if she thought his daughter would like a jaguar for her 16th birthday. This while telling us graphic specialists the company could not afford to pay living wage to us and could not afford to continue giving us our annual $500 bonuses. But they still demanded we work 70-80hrs/week at intense speed.

no point. They won't listen nor do they care. The BEST choice I've ever made in my life was quitting.

63 Other Employee Reviews for Lieberman Research Worldwide (View Most Recent)

Nice location, interesting work, but a bit cliquey at times.

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Century City, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Century City, CA

I worked at Lieberman Research Worldwide full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very social culture, mostly due to the young age of many of the researchers in the company. There was some smart people while I working there, in senior researcher and software development positions, who were a pleasure to work with from an academic standpoint. I learned a lot about market research and statistical analysis. .NET development all the way, great for those who enjoy the ecosystem it offers.

Cons

Researchers work extremely long hours, either for bonuses or for post-college experience. Executives thought this same mindset applies to software developer culture and a 50 hour working week was an expected norm (i.e. projects should be managed with those number of hours in mind). Not very good at growing talent from within, prefers to bring in managers and executives no matter how often that tack doesn't work. People can

You do well growing talent within your researchers, try to do the same in your IT team. Don't keep it small just because it's cheap, if you grow your team you will also grow your IT offerings.

Good learning experience, but not for everyone

Current Employee - Senior Research Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Research Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Lieberman Research Worldwide full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I started at LRW fresh out of undergrad and it was a good learning experience. You learn a lot about market research and get to work with others who are pretty young and smart. People help each other on projects and it's generally a pleasure working with them. You also get to work on some high-impact projects, as well as some high-profile clients (though this depends on the business unit you're in).

Casual dress everyday and located in a great area.

If you're detail oriented, relatively smart, and work well with others, they are good about rewarding you (in terms of promotions/raises).

Cons

Hours can be long. Experiences and expectations differ (sometimes drastically) between business units.

The type of work here isn't for everyone - a lot of it can be really monotonous, QA work, especially for the junior level people. It gets a little better as you get more experienced, but after a few years, it feels like employees get stuck in a rut - where they feel like they are doing the same tasks over and over (at least, that's my experience currently). Most people get burnt out after a few years and go work on the client side, where the hours are shorter and the work a little less demanding.

Try to show that you value your junior people more often. I think a lot of RAs and RMs feel like they get lost in the shuffle.

There are newer employer reviews for Lieberman Research Worldwide