Lieberman Research Worldwide

There are newer employer reviews for Lieberman Research Worldwide

Soul Killing, NO respect or appreciation, Bad pay

Former Employee - Graphics Specialist in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Graphics Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Lieberman Research Worldwide full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Your co-workers will be very smart with strong work-ethics. Not a common experience from my work experience. so...there's that. And it's a huge Pro, imho.

Cons

Low pay. LONG hours. TIGHT turnaround. The company expected me to work 7am-3pm without a break- no time avail even to run to the bathroom. I then got home and was expected to log onto the remote server to be avail to work 5pm-midnight. I worked every weekend. Every holiday. I begged for help to alleviate the crushing workload - response was a groan and shaking of heads. When a family member was dying and I asked to work from home (he was not eating full meals, so he needed someone home to feed him every hour or else he starved), I was met with resistance. After the family member died, I was told I was NEARLY FIRED for "making something else more important than LRW" Keep in mind, I was working in a job that had NO potential for promotions, etc. And the CEO announced we would no longer get annual bonuses "because the company needs to tighten purse strings a bit" After I quit, I learned the mangers, field managers, etc continued to get bonuses as high as $10k/year (our bonuses were typically $500/yr). The CEO also asked a co-worker of mine if she thought his daughter would like a jaguar for her 16th birthday. This while telling us graphic specialists the company could not afford to pay living wage to us and could not afford to continue giving us our annual $500 bonuses. But they still demanded we work 70-80hrs/week at intense speed.

no point. They won't listen nor do they care. The BEST choice I've ever made in my life was quitting.

64 Other Employee Reviews for Lieberman Research Worldwide (View Most Recent)

Good learning experience, but not for everyone

Current Employee - Senior Research Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Research Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Lieberman Research Worldwide full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I started at LRW fresh out of undergrad and it was a good learning experience. You learn a lot about market research and get to work with others who are pretty young and smart. People help each other on projects and it's generally a pleasure working with them. You also get to work on some high-impact projects, as well as some high-profile clients (though this depends on the business unit you're in).

Casual dress everyday and located in a great area.

If you're detail oriented, relatively smart, and work well with others, they are good about rewarding you (in terms of promotions/raises).

Cons

Hours can be long. Experiences and expectations differ (sometimes drastically) between business units.

The type of work here isn't for everyone - a lot of it can be really monotonous, QA work, especially for the junior level people. It gets a little better as you get more experienced, but after a few years, it feels like employees get stuck in a rut - where they feel like they are doing the same tasks over and over (at least, that's my experience currently). Most people get burnt out after a few years and go work on the client side, where the hours are shorter and the work a little less demanding.

Try to show that you value your junior people more often. I think a lot of RAs and RMs feel like they get lost in the shuffle.

mixed emotions - plain and simple

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Lieberman Research Worldwide full-time (less than an year)

Pros

people are nice, young, and energetic. projects can be interesting if you're in a good group. free bagels every friday. free food is made available because there are often leftovers from various meetings.

Cons

some business units work much harder than others. you're forced to work long hours. you don't have laptops. you're not mobile. you're stuck at your desk all day. horrible pay. stupid timecard system too.

give everybody a laptop.