Life Care Centers

There are newer employer reviews for Life Care Centers

Top Notch Facility

Current Contractor - COTA in Altamonte Springs, FL
Current Contractor - COTA in Altamonte Springs, FL

I have been working at Life Care Centers as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Organized, professional, friendly team willing to assist coworkers; good relationship between all staff....work together to provide best care. Beautiful facility; very clean. No lack of supplies to provide best care for patients.

Cons

Productivity requirements, but you can't get away from that today, unfortunately.

Rethink the productivity requirements.

140 Other Employee Reviews for Life Care Centers (View Most Recent)

Unprofessional

Former Employee - Dietary Aide in Tacoma, WA
    Former Employee - Dietary Aide in Tacoma, WA

I worked at Life Care Centers full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Due to my reference check and what my references said about me I got started off at a pay greater than minimum.

Cons

I worked in the kitchen. It was HORRIBLE. There was absolutely NO TEAMWORK. Everyone in the kitchen didn't act their age. It was like being in high school. Everyone talked rudely behind each others back. Like harsh name calling, INCLUDING the manager. The manager didn't even own up to her mistakes cause she would blame it on another employee. She didn't even now how to do her job right, cause she relied on her assistant for 99% of her job duties. The manager there was also super negative, it was never constructive criticism. If she gave a compliment, write it down she won't ever say it again. And honestly, the only reason people stayed employed there is because they've already accumulated so many years there. But anyone employed the same day or after me, has quit or not lasted more than a month. And I lasted there 6 mo. And 5 new employees came and left with the quickness cause its the worst environment to be in.

Time to update the resume

Current Employee - Nursing
    Current Employee - Nursing

I have been working at Life Care Centers full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Th e pay he is great, the benefits are good. The facility is very clean. They have a lot of in service opportunity. Great nursing staff. Did I say great nursing staff?

Cons

I have worked here three months, It is not uncommon to see my fellow coworkers leave crying after putting in a 14 hour shift. The majority of the nursing staff is stressed out. Too many expectations for skeleton staffing. The amount of paperwork in the rehab units is unrealistic and takes so much time away from doing proper patient care.

The nursing staff is quitting at an alarming rate, those that have been there for several years talk of looking for a new job. New hires often don't make it through orientation and training.

The nurses are required to clock out for a 30 minute break, but usually end up returning to the floor to get their work done. If you keep plugging away at your work and forget to clock out for break you will be repremanded. This also happens if you stay late to try and get all of your work finished. Some nurses clock out at the end of their shift and return to the floor to finish their work, because they fear losing their job for staying late.

Trying to get even one day off, several months in advance, most likely will not happen. After the staff learns this...they just call out sick instead of putting in for scheduled time off when needed. Expect to plan vacation time 5 months or more in advance if you need an entire week.
     You may show up at work one day to find out you are scheduled to work a unit you have not been properly trained on.

Not much teamwork is seen, this is because you are too overwhelmed trying to get your own job done. Usually you are too busy to give someone else a hand.

Come work the floor and get an idea of what you expect to be accomplished before giving us another unrealistic thing to do.

There are newer employer reviews for Life Care Centers