Life Technologies

www.thermofisher.com
There are newer employer reviews for Life Technologies

Innovative life science company with big growth potential

Former Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Life Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Part of innovation of life sciences to improve human health

Cons

Established company and not for start up type

348 Other Employee Reviews for Life Technologies (View Most Recent)

Not worth the stress

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Life Technologies full-time

Pros

Honest and dedicated teammates who want to do the right things and sincerely try their best

Cons

Strategy changes every three months. Constant layoffs. Management based on fear. Expectations unrealistic, constantly changing and ultimately crazy-making. Culture encourages managers who are arrogant and mean-spirited. People not valued, just used. Good people are constantly stressed and afraid. Compensation poor, benefits are a joke and keep diminishing in order to help the bottom line. Very political. Expected to be on 24/7, including vacations and holidays.

Glad I'm out. Won't be back.

Not what I expected.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Life Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I genuinely like and care about the people I work with. I think they are an incredibly smart, innovative and savvy group of people. Everyone seems to be like minded in their mission to create great products and services. As far as employees below management level, I have never run into any big egos or issues.

Cons

For a multi-billion dollar company I would think they would invest a little more money in employee appreciation. Management berates their employees, adding to the already low morale (within my team in particular). Work loads and time lines are unreasonable, creating an atmosphere of high stress as well. There are little or no processes and structure within my environment. Management says that they wish to rectify this, but there has been no action to back up any of their words.

I have witnessed a number of managers who just do not possess any people skills or training to do their job in a professional or effective manner. I feel it would be in the company's interest to give these people some training so as not to become a liability. A little training might also help the company retain some great employees that they might otherwise lose.

There are newer employer reviews for Life Technologies