Life Technologies

www.thermofisher.com
  www.thermofisher.com
There are newer employer reviews for Life Technologies

Need best-in-class mid-management (Director level) leaders

Current Employee - Assimilating Still in Carlsbad, CA
Current Employee - Assimilating Still in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Life Technologies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

So much opportunity when it comes to building, fixing, implementing, and a lot of buy-in to get to the ideal state. The purpose of this company is amazing - Shaping Discovery and Improving Life is a true mantra and not a marketing gimmick. There are some amazing leaders here, and amazing technicians.

Cons

Not enough mid-level leaders who are coming straight from best-in-class processes, systems, and talent. Too much "look at my project, my power point, and all the stuff we do for our people" without realizing much of it isn't measured or driving to a quantifiable purpose. Too many centralized teams that lack accountability and sophistication in execution. Too many relationships and politics. Comp and Benefits are not why you come to LIFE.

Get better at recognition, and make it sincere. Spend more time out of the office, and less time worrying about power point. Get to know your people and inspire/motivate them.

338 Other Employee Reviews for Life Technologies (View Most Recent)

A fun filled internship experience

I have been working at Life Technologies

Pros

Interesting domain, lots of encouragement and activities for interns

Cons

Management is a little slow in making any decisions, Very low career opportunity.

Innovative with large company politics

Current Employee - Business Leader in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Business Leader in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Life Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of innovative technology with some key thought leaders in the industry. A place to come to make a difference. People are nice and well meaning. It's easy to maintain work-life balance. If you're good - you'll rise quickly.

Cons

Easy to get caught in politics and company has fewer visionaries and entrepreneurs trying to really grow the business. Speed to market can sometimes hinder innovation and quality. Some resources and groups can be difficult to work with.

There are newer employer reviews for Life Technologies