Distribution Management Have Little To No Credibility

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

I worked at Life Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work, though mundane was steady with no real boredom inducing downtime. Very good, if not anal retentive safety practices.

Cons

Shift hours are unconventional. Most, if not all companies operating using shifts usually run 7am-3pm for first shift, 3-11pm for 2nd and 11pm-7am for third not Life Tech, their hours are horrible. Distribution supervisors are not very trustworthy and lie to your face and will stab you in the back at the drop of a hat. One instance sticks out for me regarding their lack of credibility. Once management held a drawing for tickets to our local NFL teams home game so they approached each employee asking us to pick from the two teams for the tickets we were interested in. Not being a football fan I told them I was not interested in entering but they all but forced me to pick a team to enter. Well I ended up winning these tickets and had planned on giving them to someone else who would actually use them so when I asked out loud "Who wants them?" Life Tech supervisors reneged in giving them to me. Long story short, they screwed me out of something I told them I didnt want in the first place. I just hope when Thermo-Fisher takes over Life Tech they flush these morally bankrupt supervisors out the door.

Advice to Management

You should sign yourself up for a course in people skills. I've seen dead fish with better personalities.

0 reviews filtered by