There are newer employer reviews for Life Technologies

Great

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Foster City, CA
Current Employee - Project Manager in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Life Technologies

Pros

Work at Carlsbad, great place

Cons

No for Foster City, already moving.

328 Other Employee Reviews for Life Technologies (View Most Recent)

Smart, aggressively competitive, well run company, with good future

Former Employee - Senior Human Resources Representative  in  Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Human Resources Representative in Foster City, CA

I worked at Life Technologies

Pros

The talent
    The upside potential and future (I hope they succeed, though I sold all my stock)
    Hunger for innovation and new ideas/applications
    Compensation
    Investment in the tools to get the job done

Cons

In HR, I felt eaten up and spit out, after having done a great job and been recognized as such. Not a lot of trust for the senior HR leader from a personal standpoint. Tiring to have to constantly watch your back. Unfortunately, a culture of puffed up ego-driven boys (so not very diverse source of opinions, if you dare to voice one that is contrary). Don't make a mistake, or you are history. Where are the senior women leaders???

Pay attention to your blind spots. How about balance (operate for a marathon not a constant non-stop sprint), consider humility, create as humane a culture as you are serving out in the world, listen and learn from others who may differ from you and your background, promote from within and create more inclusion of ideas and diversity at the top, be willing to admit some mistakes and then move on gracefully.

Chaos of big dreams on a shoestring budget

Former Employee - Senior Engineering Manager  in  Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Engineering Manager in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Life Technologies

Pros

Non financial benefits like on site gym, smart people, nice buildings, community volunteering, extra education, global presence, lots of products

Cons

Constantly reduced financial benefits for non-directors, no stock options, strong office politics, poor supplier treatment, constantly pushed to work faster and harder without recognition

Provide true leadership and develop people who have high commitment levels, not just lots of hours to burn in the office.

There are newer employer reviews for Life Technologies

Worked for Life Technologies? Contribute to the Community!