There are newer employer reviews for Life Time Fitness

Life Time Fitness - A pretty from the outside, ugly on the inside, way of life company

Current Employee - Operations Technician in Chanhassen, MN
Current Employee - Operations Technician in Chanhassen, MN

I have been working at Life Time Fitness

Pros

They promote a healthy culture and have great facilities. Flashy name. Trendy industry. Leftover tickets to sporting events sometimes trickle down from the C-suite.

Cons

Low pay/poor benefits. Low morale. Unfair/Unjust promotion practices. HR department that is out of touch. Conflicts of interest with vendors. A legal department that has it's hands on too much of the business. Life Time Fitness is just another public company where the executives and the board are working for the stock and not taking care of the employees or the members. Decreasing benefits/increased benefit cost for non-executive employees = "effective lower pay". Ineffective leadership in the C-suite and director levels. A very reactive culture.

Advice to Management

Develop, grow and retain talent, give them a reason to stay. Make an appearance to the office once in a while, take the time to get to know your employees before they turnover. Higher a good recruiter. Don't tell employees times are tough, then go patting everybody on the back in the C-suite doling out raises and bonuses.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Love the LiftTime way of life!

Current Employee - Swim Instructor in Chanhassen, MN
    Current Employee - Swim Instructor in Chanhassen, MN

I have been working at Life Time Fitness

Pros

Good pay, Membership included with employment, lifestyle

Cons

I feel like I dont have anywhere to advance to. I also feel like my higher ups do not notice me.

Advice to Management

Appreciate the small workers more

2. Great place to learn terrible place to work long-term.

Former Employee - Department Head in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Department Head in Chicago, IL

I worked at Life Time Fitness

Pros

Fast-paced Many learning opportunities Ability to move around to other Departments Free membership Encourages Healthy Lifestyle Chances to move up within the company

Cons

Raises happened for most hourly's (which I wasn't hourly) when minimum wage goes up Management-both Corporate and Club level-very disconnect from day to day activities of Front line employees. Very little thanks given to good performance It all about popularity and talking a good game Management plays favorites with employees who are their friends Very hostile place to work; gossip constantly in all the clubs

Advice to Management

My advice would be to try and stay neutral in all situations. Many of them have 'friends' and they rely only on their 'friends' feedback. I've seen this cause to unfairly push employees out of the company. Most employees feel very frustrated by the disconnect between Corporate and the club; so much is expected of us without any idea of what the actuality is that we face in the club everyday. Causing us to not feel set-up for success half the time and if we don't succeed we pay the price even though we're working 60+ hours a week.